Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry guys, just quickly scanned through the thread. Has anyone actually offered first hand advice and experience yet? Someone who has ACTUALLY achieved what the OP questioned. Not just a mere "I knew a guy who's Mum once..."

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Sorry guys, just quickly scanned through the thread. Has anyone actually offered first hand advice and experience yet? Someone who has ACTUALLY achieved what the OP questioned. Not just a mere "I knew a guy who's Mum once..."
I have achieved increased muscle mass on LCHF as summarised in my signature. I normally have some cardio first then use HiiT and compound exercises, so for example dumbbell weighted squat into bicep curl, followed by shoulder press, then front lunge balance and bicep curl, repeat off of the other leg, this is one rep, repeat 6 times for 3 sets. I then do 3 sets of bench presses. I then place weights at one end of an Olympic bar and squat for 3 sets, using the same bar single arm chest presses for 3 sets. With no rest and over time heavier weights this is a killer on the muscles. Also do 100 push ups a day in less than 3.30 now with squats as an active rest, another killer. The next day I do lighter weights.

When I went from low GI to LCHF I lost 2kgs but also put on muscle mass. For me no shakes, no post workout additions, no increased carbs, mostly training fasted (cardio class followed by weights).

Reactions: ringi

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have achieved increased muscle mass on LCHF as summarised in my signature. I normally have some cardio first then use HiiT and compound exercises, so for example dumbbell weighted squat into bicep curl, followed by shoulder press, then front lunge balance and bicep curl, repeat off of the other leg, this is one rep, repeat 6 times for 3 sets. I then do 3 sets of bench presses. I then place weights at one end of an Olympic bar and squat for 3 sets, using the same bar single arm chest presses for 3 sets. With no rest and over time heavier weights this is a killer on the muscles. Also do 100 push ups a day in less than 3.30 now with squats as an active rest, another killer. The next day I do lighter weights.

When I went from low GI to LCHF I lost 2kgs but also put on muscle mass. For me no shakes, no post workout additions, no increased carbs, mostly training fasted (cardio class followed by weights).
Finally a first hand success story!

Good on you @Mbaker - it's refreshing to hear something first hand on here rather than dodgy studies and third hand testimonies. Keep up the good work!

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
See mesage #16 on this thread.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Protein builds muscle carbs just provide the energy for the work required, well thats according to my body builder grandson. I'll take his and his nineteen inch biceps, word for it.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
At least in my case, the fat that is already on my body can provide more then enough energy for my workouts..... Hence no need for carbs.