Burger question

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all,
I had a burger and bun yesterday havent had one for years ( went off them) , bgl 7 pre food.6pm i took 3 u for bun and 1 for burger. Waited 20 mins and ate. Loverly
1 hr 20 later im heading down to hypo land at 4 which i turned around . Now my thought was the fat in the burger... ive just checked 8gms per burger. Would that be enough to slow the absorption of the burger or was i just to heavy handed with the novo? Thoughts please particularly on the fat . Happy Easter everyone

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
Depends on you really. I wouldn't have taken 1u for the burger, assuming it was meat. But fat doesn't tend to impact my insulin requirements so as I say, depends on you. I'd take a note of all the details and then next time, do one thing different and see what happens.

D

Deleted Account

Insulin doses are unique so we cannot comment on whether you took the right amount for the bun ... or the size of the bun.
Regarding fat (and carb) content, some people forget the additions to the burger like cheese and ketchup.

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Depends on you really. I wouldn't have taken 1u for the burger, assuming it was meat. But fat doesn't tend to impact my insulin requirements so as I say, depends on you. I'd take a note of all the details and then next time, do one thing different and see what happens.
Im trying again today ... i suspected i o/d thanks

Reactions: endocrinegremlin

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.