Burnout, Numbers Back Up

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suppose not surprisingly after a hectic clay and grass court season, my numbers went back up since getting my A1C down quite considerably from diagnosis.

Metformin has been increased to three a day (one with meals) but I found during the summer I would often forget the evening one completely - grabbing meals between press conferences and generally in head down writing mode, it was easy to forget and then realise only when I got home in the wee small hours, often.

I also felt a lot of burnout this year. It seemed easier to stick to cupsoups and protein bars at the start of the year and before heading to Indian Wells in the spring because I had good long month stints at home in between travel, but once I was away from the end of April through to July and August it all kind of went out the window.

Also does not help that for the next three months my loft extension is being done, so I am effectively living in my living room!

Anyway, back on the horse I guess. Plenty of radio work coming up to help get me out of the house and I wisely kept my gym membership going to cover me through this period and will cancel once I am reunited with a treadmill and spinbike currently in storage and ready to be installed in a new office once this is all done.

Ah well. Bloods could have been A LOT worse.

Reactions: Guzzler

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey RFSMarch, sorry to hear that your numbers have bounced back up to where they were a year ago by the look of your info. You must have been proud to get them own to 45 and if that is where you want to be again, you know what needs to be done! But, life throws us curve balls sometimes and we have to live with them....trust that when the renos are done, you will find it easier to prepare food and get back to better management of your intake.....don't beat yourself up too much, you are human, this is a marathon, not a sprint, and there are often many factors during the marathon that can detour us a bit. Just keep your eye on what is the prize for you - whatever number that may be. You can get back there!! Blessings/L