Burnout

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I've an 'urgent' appointment for the endocrinologist. Its the 24th of December.

My GP refuses to prescribe fiasp or testosterone or try and bring appointment forward. I could probably do with counselling or MH support but I don't trust the Gp to attempt to help me.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
You could ask the hospital if they could contact you if any cancellations come up in the meantime.

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
@Engineer88 Find another GP. Just remember unlike nearly all of the health professionals they are hypocrites they tell you to do one thing, but don't do it themselves. Just remember you are not alone, there are plenty of us here doing it with you. I know we all have our own tailored diabetes, but they are pretty similar. I know it's early in the week, but what are plans for the weekend? How about something special as you deserve it?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Engineer88 Find another GP. Just remember unlike nearly all of the health professionals they are hypocrites they tell you to do one thing, but don't do it themselves. Just remember you are not alone, there are plenty of us here doing it with you. I know we all have our own tailored diabetes, but they are pretty similar. I know it's early in the week, but what are plans for the weekend? How about something special as you deserve it?

Thanks, unfortunately due to a shortage of GP places in Bedford no others will take me on, Ive already tried.

The weekend I'm going to west Wales to stay with friends. And maybe look for a new job.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've an 'urgent' appointment for the endocrinologist. Its the 24th of December.

My GP refuses to prescribe fiasp or testosterone or try and bring appointment forward. I could probably do with counselling or MH support but I don't trust the Gp to attempt to help me.

Engineer, I am fortunate enough never to have had to put this to the test, but it is possible to self-refer for some MH services?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/free-therapy-or-counselling/