1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Burnout

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Engineer88, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Engineer88

Engineer88 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Still **** @lizdeluz but thank you for asking

2. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

3. Engineer88

I've an 'urgent' appointment for the endocrinologist. Its the 24th of December.

My GP refuses to prescribe fiasp or testosterone or try and bring appointment forward. I could probably do with counselling or MH support but I don't trust the Gp to attempt to help me.

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

You could ask the hospital if they could contact you if any cancellations come up in the meantime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chowie

Chowie Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Engineer88 Find another GP. Just remember unlike nearly all of the health professionals they are hypocrites they tell you to do one thing, but don't do it themselves. Just remember you are not alone, there are plenty of us here doing it with you. I know we all have our own tailored diabetes, but they are pretty similar. I know it's early in the week, but what are plans for the weekend? How about something special as you deserve it?

6. Engineer88

Thanks, unfortunately due to a shortage of GP places in Bedford no others will take me on, Ive already tried.

The weekend I'm going to west Wales to stay with friends. And maybe look for a new job.

• Hug Hug x 1
  7. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

Engineer, I am fortunate enough never to have had to put this to the test, but it is possible to self-refer for some MH services?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/free-therapy-or-counselling/

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chris Bowsher

Chris Bowsher Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook