BV and now a UTI, fed up :(

chr1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

So sorry if this is a little TMI but recently it seems I have one health problem after the other, not only do I have IBS but recently I was diagnosed with BV (bacterial vaginosis) in which I am taking anti-biotics and today it seems I have the start of a UTI (serious burning sensation when peeing and evening sitting down as well as stomach pain!) however with this I have a confession, I have lost track of my blood sugars, could both of these been the cause of blood sugars?

I know its more than likely it has been but I just can't seem to get back on track, with my final year coming up, two jobs to manage as well as dealing with a boyfriend that has depression it seems everything diabetes related has gone to pot :(

can anyone help?

Many thanks!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
go back to your dr, to make sure it hasn't gone into a kidney infection as well
do you have ural powder or similar? https://www.google.com.au/#q=ural sachetsth for temporary relief
nothing will be right till your BG is back under control
ask about a probiotic

can't help with the boyfriend, you need to put yourself first
some here have found a LCHF diet helped IBS

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Certainly poor bg control can lead to UTI's.

You do have a lot to contend with at the moment, however you should never put your diabetes on the back-burner, so do start talking better care of yourself as you don't want to end up in hospital and spoil your final year of study, if you want any advice just come back and ask.