1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

BYDUREON ONCE WEEKLY EXENATIDE

Discussion in 'Incretin Mimetics' started by Cowboyjim, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Yetiandy

Yetiandy Type 2 · Member

I've just started Bydureon and have to go to my surgery for the injection it hurts like a *****!!
    I will never be able to inject myself
    If it works and I lose weight I'll be happy
    My GP prescribed it no problem whatsoever

2. angel49

angel49 Type 2 · Newbie

Pre-filled pen....taken once weekly on same day...no special needs eg.bf or after food.

3. stephenT2

stephenT2 · Well-Known Member

Gosh, have been on this injection now for over 5 years, was surprised to see a 'new' post on this thread! Not even sure what the recent post is about LOL

4. Pramod85

Pramod85 Doctor · Member

What is generic name of Bydureon

5. stephenT2

Have a look at thread title LOL (Exenatide)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pramod85

Pramod85 Doctor · Member

Liraglutide is better than exenatide

7. stephenT2

Why? (especially when Bydureon is a once weekly application, and your suggestion is a daily one)

#87 stephenT2, Mar 10, 2017 at 3:18 PM
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  8. Osidge

Osidge Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Exanatide and liraglutide operate in entirely different ways. Possible side effects are also different.

Doug

9. stephenT2

I'm aware of that. That's the reason I queried the previous posts assertion that one was 'better' than the other - surely an impossible assumption!

10. Osidge

Osidge Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

The effects of the medications will vary from person to person. Currently the "gliflozin" family of diabetes meds are proving popular and effective.

11. Thebigandyt

Thebigandyt Type 2 · Newbie

Is anyone finding lumps at injection sites from this drug. I was on it a month and still have large welts where I injected the oldest is eight months old! No sign of getting smaller

12. stephenT2

If you don't change the injection 'site' regularly, you will get lumps. I am currently on a further daily injection of a drug called Clexane 100mg (for blood thinning) which does the same thing of potentially leaving lumps, you need to change the site every time to prevent the lumps. Admittedly, even when they have happened to me, they certainly haven't lasted 8 months. Would be worth mentioning on your next medical appointment...

13. Thebigandyt

Thebigandyt Type 2 · Newbie

I've only taken four injections and then stopped, all in different sites. The largest is about the size of a 2p coin. Now on differrnt drug. I mentioned it to the nurse and she said she'd never seen them before. Online search seem to suggest it's not complete rare though to get the reaction

14. lefeilouss

lefeilouss Type 2 · Active Member

Hi, anyone here still on Bydureon? Been hoping to hear someone on this whethwr it works? I am already on metformin and insulin with Byrureon, however recently i have started LCHF diet hence I can lower my insulin intake and not sure whether I can jst depend in Bydureon or go completely of it? pls advise thanks!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook