BYETTA

vivkaroo

Dislikes
Grumpy people, being bored, Bad weather. smoking
Re: Anyone use Byetta?

hi dennis and all went swimming today week into my 10mg feeling fab!! tested blood after swim it was 8 after breakfast then 5 after swim my first swim in 2 yrs it felt so good ache a bit but itll be better next time had good bank hols hope everyone else had good hols :?: speak again soon luv to all the gang xx

vivkarooxx :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.

viv.
Looking good I see. We'll have you swimming the Channel in no time. Nice to hear things are going well for you.
Ken.

vivkaroo

Dislikes

i must say i went to gym in hull they are very good they kept eye on me all the time as i said i was diabetic they really are good i have blonde hair and thought it might turn green with the water then i sure would have looked like the lizard :lol: but isa was ok ( hiya jude you ok hun hows it going telling my daughterinlaw about you she said awwwwhh she must be strong person after all that has happened( keep strong ) how are you today hows the byetta going , my son and daughterinlaw gone to paris for wedding anniversary (lucky things) they have a 4 yr old son i rang to see if he was ok he said nanna i can ride my bike with no stabalisers he was so excited i said keep practising darling for mummy and daddy home tommorow he said (i sure will nanna)i thought how precious are our little grandchildren just thought i would tell you about that jude and as for swimming the channel dont no about that 4 lenghts i was bu-----d :lol: but sure i will get better as i go along like everything else :lol:

luv vivkaroo xx :D

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi Vivkaroo

Sorry I did not get back to you yesterday - I think my bgs are settling down now although I am still on the insulin, gradually reducing it. Well done on going swimming - I used to like swimming a lot when I was younger but I find it takes so much effort these days just to get to the pool and then with my lower back problems I am frightened I will fall. Do you just have the one grandson? I have 3 grandsons and 2 grand-daughters - they are all lovely but then I am biased. They have brought us so much joy over the years (the eldest is 12) and sometimes they bring us tears!
So far so good with my ibs and the byetta - am hoping it will continue. When you go on to the 10 dose does the bg go down further? Your a few weeks infront of me - it will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I started on the byetta and next week I am going to see a Diabetes Consultant so dont know if that will be any use. Have you seen a Diabetes Consultant? I hate seeing new medical people because it is almost impossible for them to know about you and I find that terribly difficult to cope with.
Anyway, goodnight. Jude xx

blackdog

i am new to this .
I have been diabetic for 4 years and was tried with gliz-tablets and metformin two metfromin 3times aday and other 2 two times a day which meant 10 tablets a day they were, not workin so i was told to stop glie-tablets and put on insulin twice a day also am overweight. :roll: I have been on every diet going and not worked also been on lighterlife diet i lost 2 stone but was getting hypos too much diet had to stop. spoke to my doctor about a g-band op- but he said to me to go on the byetta injection but have to stay on insulin i am to go on it in july 09 but i am trying to exercise but always very tired. :?:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.

Hi blackdog.
Welcome.

You seem to have had a tough time of it up till now. This is the best place to be for advice and support.
Byetta is usually a very successful treatment and works extremely well for most people.
Read all the info here in this thread and ask questions. We will try to provide the answers.
As a sign of what can be done, I personally have lost 15.2 kilos in just under 3 months and gained real control over my Bg numbers using Byetta and other meds.

Let us know when you start and how you get on.

Ken.

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi Ken

How soon did you start losing weight? Have been on Byetta now 2 weeks today but no weight loss at all. I am making a conscious effort to control my eating but the Byetta does not seem to be affecting my appetite! - and I am so desperate to lose the weight. :( Did you change your diet alongside the Byetta?

Sorry for all the ? but it does help to hear back from those of you who are more experienced with the Byetta.

Thanks. Jude

cugila

Master
Dislikes

Hi Jude.

I did at the same time as starting Byetta go on to a low carb/Low GI/Low Fat etc Diet. Works very well for me.

My starting weight in mid Jan 2009 was 124.5 kilos.
10/2/09........122 kgs
6/3/09.........120.6 kgs
14/3/09........112.5 kgs
5/5/09.........109.3

As you can see a gradual but hefty weight loss. I feel so much better for it too.
You will have to look very closely at your Diet and the portion sizes to achieve similar results.
You can do it. Just take the plunge. You will get all the support you need here.

Ken.

vivkaroo

Dislikes

HIYA JUDE I WAS 3WEEKS ON 5MG TILL I SAW WEIGHT LOSS HAVE LOST 4LB IN 4 WEEKS ON (5 )BLOODS ROUGHLY BETWEEN 7- 8 - 9S BUT GONE ON TEN BETWEEN 5 AND 8 I AM ON 10 MG NOW THIS WEEK LOST 2 LB TODAY AT THE NHS HEALTHY EATING CLUB SO 5 WEEKS( 6LB )THINK THATS GOOD HOWEVER I ONLY HAVE VERY SMALL AMOUNT OF POTS AND BREAD THEY NO GOOD TO IBS BLOW ME OUT HAVE VEDGE CHICKEN GAMMON EGGS BEANS RICE MY DOWNFALL IS BETWEEN 7 AND 10 PM ON A NIGHT MY PLATE IS SO SMALL I SOMETIMES HAVE SMALL AND OFTEN WELL THATS BIT OF MY ADVICE BUT I HAD SOME CRISPS TODAY JACKET POTATO AND POACHED EGG DONT USUALLY HAVE THAT DRINK LOT OF WATER CUP A SOUPS TEA WELL I TRY IF I DO THINKS RIGHT WHO KNOWS THE BYETTA WONT LET ME EAT BIG AMOUNTS ANYWAY TAKE CARE JUDE LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU SEE YOU HUN XX

HI TO ALL VIVKAROO XX :)

candy1567

Hi Jude

Have been on byetta since jan and ive had a dramatic weight loss, have lost just on 3 stone, i dont know where, must have very slim toes!!!!

I also found that eating startchy stodgy stuff made me feel very uncomfortable so it was easy for me to cut out the potatoes, bread pasta etc.

It also reduces my appetite greately and i can go all day on a slice of toast and my partner goes mad when he comes in.

Keep with it, it will start to do its job soon, dont forget i was very sick when i first started taking byetta so this was prob the weight loss, but its still doin the trick i think,

Am off to the hospital tomorrow to see the chief with the big stick so hopefully i'll be happy with my numbers

keep your chin up

Juliexx

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi Everyone

My consultant has suggested I go on Xenical whilst taking the Byetta in a last ditch effort to try and help me lose some weight as it isn't really shifting, has anyone else tried taking xenical as well as the Byetta?

Thanks

cugila

Master
Dislikes

fiona35 said:
Hi Everyone
My consultant has suggested I go on Xenical whilst taking the Byetta in a last ditch effort to try and help me lose some weight as it isn't really shifting, has anyone else tried taking xenical as well as the Byetta?
Thanks

Hi fiona.

There are a few people on here who use Byetta and also Xenical. They will probably be along soon. Just keep checking. Not my area I'm afraid.
Byetta is delivering the weight loss for me, along with DIet changes. Have you changed your Diet since being on Byetta ? How long have you been on the Byetta and at what dose ?

Ken.

sunshine70

Hi i am on byetta and have been for coming up to 3 months now i was put on by a consultant and got my first two pens from them... i was a little worried when it came to asking my GP for it but lucky i had no problem.. i have had very good results with it lowering my blood levels and had little nausea but had a few rough days here and there but overall (touch wood )i am happy with it i hope this helps :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes

hi sunshine.

Welcome. this is the place for anything Byetta related. Have a good look around and ask questions when you want. We will try to help.

Ken.

sunshine70

Thank you ... i feel silly now i was replying to question on page one didn't realize it worked backwards lol :lol:

cugila

Master
Dislikes

:lol: :lol: :lol:
sunshine. You are still very welcome.

Ken.

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi Ken

Have been on Byetta since Oct and have lost a grand total of about 4lb!! I'm on the 10mcg pen but its still not shifting!! My appetite has reduced and I no longer eat anything like what I used to eat!

I try and follow a reduced carb diet, I probably have about 150g a day, I know it is not as low as some people but I love my porridge in the morning with some flaked almonds sprinkled on top, usually have a salad lunchtime or maybe a piece of toast with eggs and in the evenings I usually have meat/fish and veggies. Occasionally I will have a small portion of pasta, maybe 1 potato with my evening meal but nothing else.

I do have a sweet tooth and succumb to a couple of squares of chocolate, plus I do lots of exercise each week.

I'm desperate to start losing weight again, I've shifted 5 stone but lately nothing has moved!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.

5 stone!! Now that's impressive!! I've shifted just under 3 and seem to be stuck!!I'm sure Ken or Dennis will get back to you when they are next on-line.

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi Sue

Its been a real struggle to lose that amount and its taken about 2 years of hard slog!

For the last year all I have done is lose half a pound or gain half a pound! I seem to be very good at maintaining my weight, never really gaining and not losing either!