1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

C peptide results

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by jessica1612, Dec 17, 2018.

1. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Jessica, if you have been low carb prior to the test, maybe that is why your C peptide is lower than you might expect? Would your body need to produce insulin in response to fewer carbs although I guess the anomaly is why your glucose levels were high (on low carb)! Can this same private service do an antibody check too?

2. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

A very high or very low result tells you a lot, a middle of the road result does not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Geoffno6

Geoffno6 · Well-Known Member

My C peptide was 1.66 back in September, while my GAD was 0.70, at that time my Hba1c was down to 57 from 126 in June. Those tests were fasting and I was diagnosed as T2 based on that. I was told a level between 0.5 and 3 was normal but that ‘it would be nice if my level was higher because my FBG was 8’ Now with my BG creeping up again, it was at 51 in November but I estimate it will be higher in the 50s now. I had another C peptide and Hba1c test last week because the Endocrinologist thinks I might be T1. I’ll let you know if I glean anything from the results

#23 Geoffno6, Dec 25, 2018 at 7:06 PM
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  4. Flora123

Flora123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Was this test a fasting one? I had one earlier in the year but it was done two hours after my biggest meal. I’m confused as everyone seems to be tested differently. I still can’t find out if the fact I’m very very low carb would have affected the test results.

5. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @jessica1612, none of us are qualified to provide an interpretation of your test results.
    The person responsible for ordering this test is the person responsible for interpreting it for you.
    That is the person who can best help you. You have paid for the test. There may be a comment by the doctor who reads the result at the lab. That comment and the test result will be sent to the doctor who ordered the test.
    Best Wishes.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook