Cake for parties with non-diabetics

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I know here are a few baking threads and I have enjoyed some baking myself, including German style cheesecake without any sweetener, with a nice almond crust (I love them!!) However, last weekend I brought one of those cakes to a party and it was hardly touched. I was feeling so awkward. Can anyone here suggest recipes they can eat and that have been popular with Earthlings?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Google low carb birthday cake and you’ll get loads of recipes, in my opinion it’s best to go for a chocolate one as usually they don’t taste any different from regular cake and can be very moist

I’ve made this one but not for a long time - it’s very like chocolate fudge cake and you can’t tell the difference

• Winner
Reactions: Munkki and filly

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Hi, I know here are a few baking threads and I have enjoyed some baking myself, including German style cheesecake without any sweetener, with a nice almond crust (I love them!!) However, last weekend I brought one of those cakes to a party and it was hardly touched. I was feeling so awkward. Can anyone here suggest recipes they can eat and that have been popular with Earthlings?
There is a website where you can order Keto cakes. Ketoromabakery The cakes look normal and that might appeal. Difficult really. Even before I became type 2 I always had to adapt recipes . Good luck.

Reactions: Munkki

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve cooked this low carb carrot cake many times, and non diabetic friends have eaten it. Tastes just like traditional carrot cake.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
This spice cake is very light - don't be worried that it is very runny before baking.
The stevia is mixed with erythritol, I use xylitol instead as I find the stevia mix too sweet.

or I make a no added sugar chocolate mousse - melt 85 or 90% chocolate, mix with warmed double cream, whisked until fluffy, then decorated with fresh raspberries and mint leaves

Reactions: Munkki

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd love it if my low carb cake was left just for me! Indeed, at home, family is forbidden from eating my low carb goodies. Especially they are very costly to make.
There are plenty of easy, cheaper choices for carb eaters, so let them eat their cake, and hands off mine!

Seriously though, they may just have been being polite, or unsure of anything new or different. I remember years ago taking some traditional English bread pudding into work and feeling very hurt that no one, especially those from non-English backgrounds , would even try it

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd love it if my low carb cake was left just for me! Indeed, at home, family is forbidden from eating my low carb goodies. Especially they are very costly to make.
There are plenty of easy, cheaper choices for carb eaters, so let them eat their cake, and hands off mine!

Seriously though, they may just have been being polite, or unsure of anything new or different. I remember years ago taking some traditional English bread pudding into work and feeling very hurt that no one, especially those from non-English backgrounds , would even try it
Thank you for your understanding words. I did enjoy the leftovers (straight from the fridge it was better than at room temperature) It had also been lots of work to make the cake.

Thank you everyone for the amazing recipes. They look delicious!! Maybe I'll try one or two for a little baby shower celebration