Jillyp83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi

Does anyone have a fairly simple low carb cake recipe? I am not great at baking but would like to try.

Thanks a mill

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
ost are my own recopes...2 min to bake and a min to make;
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1782989125263631&type=1

cake delish.JPG

Attachments

• coconut cake.jpg
    coconut cake.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you also looked at our low carb recipes thread? You should be able to find some there!

I have a post for my low carb microwave muffin recipe with a list of many of the alternative sweet and savoury variations you can make: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/mug-cake.79534/#post-914371, which should also be in our recipes thread.

But I'd also highly recommend our own Ewelina's Diabetic Good Baking blog if you want some really nice recipes (see catherinecherub's link in her post above).

Happy baking!
Robbity

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
Have you also looked at our low carb recipes thread? You should be able to find some there!

I have a post for my low carb microwave muffin recipe with a list of many of the alternative sweet and savoury variations you can make: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/mug-cake.79534/#post-914371, which should also be in our recipes thread.

But I'd also highly recommend our own Ewelina's Diabetic Good Baking blog if you want some really nice recipes (see catherinecherub's link in her post above).

Happy baking!
Robbity
st saw this. Going to look at it and try it.

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
here is my favorite cake:
Best chocolate banana cake ever. I concocted this one today.It is so moist, so delicious...you can not imagine...like a cake from best bakeries.
I have now learned to write what I put in the recipe while making it.
1T coconut flour (Just grinded/ blended desiccated coconut from Tuesday market K50/kg)

2T cocoa powder
1/2 banana
1egg
2 T peanut butter
2T coconut milk or sower cream or yogurt
1t canderel powder (sweetener)
1t BP (if yours is fresh maybe 3/4
1t vanila
bake 2-3 min(low wattage oven) in microwave in ramekin on full power.
I just put everything in the small blender cup.
I serve it with a dash of maple syrup on top and some fresh cream.
Optional add walnuts or any other nuts crushed.
33g carbs so eat half only us a snack, or full one for supper.

Attachments

• 009 (600x450).jpg
    009 (600x450).jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 203

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
13620292_10206092574065410_7086152794834193147_n.jpg

002 (600x450).jpg

this is the left one. I added 2T freash cream....it came out super nice. Next time will try to add an egg and see what happens. In a skillet it was a disaster. I baked it into an non stick silicon tray this time.
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookies – Low Carb and Gluten-Free
Yield: 1 large cookie, 10 servings
Low carb chocolate chip cookie dough baked in a skillet for one amazing gooey dessert. Gluten and sugar free!
Ingredients
I added fresh ceam 2 spoons and baked it in muffin tray, it was very nice this time. Next time will add an egg.
1 ¼ cups almond flour
3/4 cups finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/2 tsp baking soda ( forgot it the first time)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup Kelapo coconut oil
1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener (or coconut sugar, for paleo)
2 tsp molasses (optional)
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
I added 1-2 T sower cream this time and the mix is much softer.
3 ounces Homemade Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips OR other sugar-free chocolate chips OR chopped 85% or higher cacao chocolate
Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 325F and lightly grease a 10-inch oven-proof skillet (does not need to be cast-iron).
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and coconut oil together until well combined. Beat in sweetener and molasses, if using.
4. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Beat in almond flour mixture until well combined, then stir in chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
5. Spread dough in prepared skillet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until light golden brown. Cookie will be very soft and puffed when removed from oven (it won't seem cooked through).
6. Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving. When warm, it will not come out in proper pieces so you will need scoop it out to serve onto plates. It will continue to firm up as it cools so if you want to serve it in pieces, let it cool completely before cutting. I recommend it warm for extra gooey-ness!
Notes
Serves 10. Each serving has 8 g of carbs and 3 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 5 g.
234 Calories; 22g Fat (79.9% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 118mg Sodium.

Read more athttp://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/.../skillet-chocolate...

the second recipe is mt favorite:

Low Carb Peanut Flour Chocolate Cakes Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
Debbie Russell

Fudgy low carb flourless chocolate cakes with a sugar-free chocolate peanut butter ganache. A wheat-free dessert that will keep you coming back for more!
Makes: 8 cakes
Ingredients:
Cakes:
6 tbsp butter
120g unsweetened chocolate3x 1/4 cu\p chips. I buy them from an indian woman at K80 per Kg....it is much cheaper than buying chocolate bars.
1/2 cup Sukrin:1 (I dont know what that is so I used coconut flour)
1/2 cup Sukrin Peanut Flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 eggs
3t canderel sweetener
1BP
2T almond milk (or whole milk or cream) I forgot to put it in he he he

Glaze:
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp peanut butter
60g good quality dark chocolate
For the cakes, preheat the oven to 150C and grease 8 (or more) cups of a regular muffin pan.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate together over low heat and stir until smooth. Add Sukrin:1 and stir until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together Sukrin Peanut Flour and cocao, breaking up clumps with the back of a fork. Add the chocolate mixture and stir to combine (will be very thick). Stir in eggs, one at a time, and then almond milk until mixture thins out and becomes a smooth batter.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins. Because the batter is quite thick, you will need to press the batter into the cups using the back of a spoon. Smooth the tops.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cakes are just set and the middle is firm to the touch. Allow to cool in the tins, then flip out onto plates for serving.
For the glaze, melt butter, peanut butter and chocolate together in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth. Spoon over cakes and sprinkle with chopped peanuts for garnish. You can serve immediately, with the glaze still warm or let it set.
Each serving has 12.95 g of carbs and 5.87 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 7.08 g.
Calories: 252kcal
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 2.92g
Total fat: 20.43g
Calories from fat: 183
Cholesterol: 73mg
Carbohydrate: 12.95g
Total dietary fiber: 5.87g
Protein: 11.27g
Sodium: 127mg