Calorie to carb counter

bonerp

Anyone found a calorie to carb counter/converter online?

Places like Tesco seem to be putting calories rather than carbs on their boxes of sandwiches now and I'm just guessing at what I'm eating!

thanks
Paul

Katharine

"calorieKing" has a lot of nutritional information but it is US based so may not have the specific products you are looking for.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
It would depend on the ingredients as to what the carb count was.I don't think calories can be converted to carbs .What you could do is get carb counter,work out carb value of bread,then work out certain ingredients per weight and then you would have a better idea of the carb values of the sandwiches.

Trinkwasser

bonerp said:
Anyone found a calorie to carb counter/converter online?

Places like Tesco seem to be putting calories rather than carbs on their boxes of sandwiches now and I'm just guessing at what I'm eating!

thanks
Paul

Write to them and explain why you are no longer eating their products.

bonerp

Letter sent: :D

Tesco Customer Service
PO Box 73
Baird Avenue
Dryburgh Industrial Estate
Dundee
DD1 9NF

Hi,
Please can you tell me why you no longer put the carbohydrates (per serving) on your sandwiches?

You offer a calorie value per pack/serving and a carb value per 100g, but as I diabetic who has to count the carb contents of what I eat along with many hundreds of thousands of other people to enable us to take the correct amount of insulin, please can you add the carbohydrate value per serving?

Not just to sandwiches but to all of your lunchtime / snack products such as salad etc.

I have really been struggling with this since eating your products and this can really affect people with diabetes and result in poor control which can go on to affect eyes and nerves, even resulting in blindness.

I’m afraid I, probably like many others will have to stop buying these products from Tesco if this information cannot be readily available.

I will also send a copy of this letter to the Food Standards Agency for their info and hopefully it may encourage them to change information that retailers provide on products in future.

Thanks in anticipation.

Yours faithfully

Trinkwasser

bonerp said:
I will also send a copy of this letter to the Food Standards Agency for their info and hopefully it may encourage them to change information that retailers provide on products in future.

Unfortunately they may be the guys who suggested it. :(

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Try Marks and Spencers. they do a snack sized salad, which is almost carb free. Also tell Tesco's you're going elsewhere.