Can bring in pain cause high blood levels

mrsshop

my sugar levels recently have been quite high. Generally around 14 in the morning and before dinner around 10.

I have been quite stressed with work and family life and only my arthritis has flared up. So could this be causing them to be high?

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
I find my bg levels are hard to get stable, I work full time in retail and I'm waiting on my second knee replacement . You could be right.

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
I've started a low carb diet and swimming three mornings this week. My blood readings are getting better and the swimming is helping with joint pain . Hope this helps.

Reactions: 2 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The wife takes cherry tablets to stop joint pain in her fingers .. don't know if they will rase BS as she's not one of us :stop: they also seem to make her sleep better

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I definitely beleive that stress, illness, or pain can all cause upsets in glucose levels. I've certainly seen fluctuations and slightly higher levels in mine if any of them are affecting me!

It's maybe worth keeping a readings and health type diary to see if you can see a relationship?

There's differences of opinion about the efficacy of taking glucosamine/chondroitin to relieve joint pain but I can certainly feel the difference in my knees if I stop taking it, so maybe that 's another option that may help.

Robbity

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
my sugar levels recently have been quite high. Generally around 14 in the morning and before dinner around 10.

I have been quite stressed with work and family life and only my arthritis has flared up. So could this be causing them to be high?

I do believe pain can cause raised blood sugars in some people.

What sort of levels do you usually see compared with now?