Can deep tissue massage increase blood sugar levels?

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been having some really bad muscle tension and knots in my back and had a deep tissue massage to try to get some relief.

I have noticed that, on 2 occasions now, the evening and following few days afterwards my sugars spiral up significantly.

The first time I thought it was a coincidence but now I am convinced it is a result of the massage. Does anyone else have any experience of this or can offer any insight?

I was thinking that deep massage releases toxins and can cause stress on the body whilst it repairs the muscles so maybe this can cause high blood sugar levels?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I've found the same thing. I wondered if it were caused by the small hot, therapy rooms. Once they even had an electric blanket on which I had to ask to be turned off.

DSF7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had the same. Type 1 diabetic for over 30 years. Always good control with A1C iin 5.7 - 6.9. When i get a deep massage (where i am sore the following day) my BS will be 300. Very rare for me and deep massages have caused this repeatedly. Glad others confirm thus as the “experts” (that don’t have diabetes) don’t say this.

I also wondered if it is only happening to Tyoe 1 diabetics, since Type 1 and Type 2 are very different. 99% of studies, data, care you read is based on Type 2 diabetics.