Can i rant a little?

Gabrielle_Tai

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As some of you here may know i was diagnosed last year on October. Since then by following a LCHF diet i reduce my insulin requirement so low sometimes i do not even need to bolus before food. But recently i make a tons of mistake i regret because i thought well life short for type 1 just yolo. Is this what you call diabetes burn out? Is it too fast for me to suffer from this. Sometimes i feel like life just too hard. Sorry for this rant.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As some of you here may know i was diagnosed last year on October. Since then by following a LCHF diet i reduce my insulin requirement so low sometimes i do not even need to bolus before food. But recently i make a tons of mistake i regret because i thought well life short for type 1 just yolo. Is this what you call diabetes burn out? Is it too fast for me to suffer from this. Sometimes i feel like life just too hard. Sorry for this rant.
Hi Gabrielle (a beautiful name by the way), I have seen your posts previously and they are all so very helpful and I for one am grateful for the time you take to give us your advice. I am sure every person with diabetes goes through this 'oh s*d it' from time to time. Can you tell us the 'mistakes' you think you have made and maybe we can help you to combat them? One thing I do know we're all in this together! x

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Gabrielle_Tai It's common to experience burn out, we can coast along just fine, doing everything right and then something can just trigger a negative mental state towards our diabetes. What sort of mistakes have you been making ?

It's a case of taking one day at a time and being kind to yourself, we all get it wrong, there isn't perfection in managing this, so I hope you understand it is temporary, it will get better :)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
being fed up with Diabetes at some point is a given, you just seem to have enough of it. When I was first diagnosed exactly a year to the day, everything to do with my diabetes, test kit insulin, needles the lot went in the bin. But you have to give youself some slack you can't be perfect all the time. as said previously go back to one day at a time and just live a little, as long as you test, you should be fine.