Can Non Diabetic People Suffer Hyperglicemia?

rlopes528

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
As far as I know I don't have diabetes. All my blood tests are always good etc.
I usually eat low glycemic index foods, I don't eat processed foods and I don't add sugar or sweeteners to anything. I don't eat lots of fruits either.

I just started a liver cleanse protocol, that involves a diet with no fats at all and 1 liter of apple juice a day (yes, insane).

Anyway, after drinking the apple juice I feel dizzy and light headed. Could it be because I am not "used" to sugars or does it mean I am pre-diabetic or diabetic?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
or does it mean I am pre-diabetic or diabetic?
Doesn't mean anything. Drastic changes in diet can make you feel funny in all kinds of ways. Also, dizzy and light headed is not usually associated with hyperglyceamia. And after drinking applejuice it wouldn't be hypoglycemia either.

Is there a particular reason you think a diet of no fats at all plus a liter of apple juice would be a good idea?

Is there a particular reason why you would think you have diabetes, despite not having symptoms associated with diabetes?

Good luck!

Davie_sett

Type of diabetes
Type 1
they can sort of but its nowhere near as bad as a hypo it would just be a lack of energy for them

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
If you wanted to 'cleanse' your liver a fruit juice (whether using fresh fruit or a shop bought carton of juice) should not be something to consider. If you are enamoured of GI/GL then check out fruit whilst considering the fructose content of your drinks. And as for dietary fats and cleansing the liver, fructose is (generally) stored in the liver as.... yes, you guessed it... fat.

Reactions: AloeSvea

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As Rich Gallop the godfather of Low GI would say “Why drink the juice when you can eat the whole fruit?”

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fruit juice is just about the worst thing for livers, apart from alcohol. Where did you learn about this diet from?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, I can answer your question!
Yes!

I'm non diabetic and if kept eating the wrong foods, I would get hyperglycaemia!

However, if your body has not got an endocrine condition, then hyperglycaemia is not usual. And you would probably not get the symptoms.

I have tried most diets, but Apple juice to cleanse your liver! And no fat!

Emile_the_rat

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Seems like some mix hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia here.

Hypo is abnormal low, and I have to agree with @Davie_sett that a hypo is worse than just feeling dizzy or light headed. If a diet low on carbs gives you less glucose then your body needs, making your cells starve it won’t be suprising to feel a bit dizzy or lightheaded.

Hyperglycemia are abnormal high blood sugar. Main symptoms are frequent urination, thirst and increased appetite.