Can someone explain my figures please

Numan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I had a real strange day yesterday, T2 using low carb (70 g a day) diet, no meds. I normally have fasting figures around 5.5 -5.7, and figures through the day of 6.5 and under. Yesterday I didn’t check first reading as i wanted to monitor through some exercise. After breakfast ( an hour) I checked and it was 4.4, mmmm low I thought. Had 20 g of carbs throughout 4 hours of medium exercise, all figures checked were 5.3, last reading of the day was 2 hours after food and was 5.6. I’m pleased I kept smooth throughout the day, but why would I suddenly drop to 4.4 in the morning after food? Breakfast was my usual, and the previous evening reading was 6.0

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It maybe is, that nobody really knows, why.

It also could be, your insulin response to the meal and exercise.
Even though you are doing low carb, your background insulin and insulin response will have dropped you a little bit.
There is something called an insulin index that shows how your insulin increases depending on what foods that you have. Chicken is especially high.
Also, it could have been a rogue reading. But only a small one, as being in the 4s is not particularly low. I am non diabetic, my fasting levels are always in the fours, five and sometimes in the high threes. Normal readings are between, high threes and six mmols.
As always it could be anything, it is so individual.
If I was T2, I would be really happy getting results in normal levels!
Control over time is more important than a singular reading.

Best wishes

Reactions: Numan