Can someone give me advice

Cwilliam

I was diagnosed with PCOS and that was all. Nobody explained to me what could happen next. I have been having strange symptoms and do not know what it means. For one I am struggling with high blood pressure. I am not overweight. The doctor told me it was strange that I can stay so thin while having pcos. I tired permanently, I sleep terrible at night, I get this high pitch whining noise in my ear, my lips go numb from time to time, I struggle with a bloated feeling around my weighst especially when I have my periods. I am always hungry. From time to time I get a blurry vision as if someone is pulling something over my eyes.
When I eat something depends on what it is my body feels like when you just had a great fright, shaky and numb. Please give me advice what is wrong with me

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome @Cwilliam :)

Did the doctor make any comment about your blood sugar? Are you on any meds (for PCOS or anything else)?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome.

Some of us here do have PCOS (me included) and it is linked to metabolic syndrome and diabetes. That doesn't mean you WILL get either, but some of your symptoms are shared by the different conditions.

I suggest that you do some reading, but rather than load you down with links about diabetes, I would urge you to start off reading about PCOS and Metabolic Syndrome. There are forums and lots of web info on both.

Most of us PCOSers are given very little info, and get equally little help. I know when I got the diagnosis I was told 'lose weight' there isn't any treatment other than losing weight. But that was a good 15 years ago, and I gather things may have changed a bit - but because I have never been offered any treatment I don't know what may be available now.

I agree that your weight is unusual for a PCOSer, but it doesn't mean you can't have the condition, or that you shouldn't get help and information!

Once you have found out more about the PCOS and Metabolic Syndrome, you may find it useful to come back here and ask questions about diabetes. The problem is that there is a huge overlap, both in insulin resistance, symptoms, and hormonal 'stuff', and I would hate you to start assuming that you may have diabetes, when you don't.

Has your doc given you the appropriate blood tests? And the results? Have you been told what your HbA1c is? That test gives an average reading for your blood glucose for the last 2-3 months and can be used to diagnose diabetes. As can a Glucose Tolerance Test. If you have had either of those tests, that will have informed the decisions your doctor has made.

Reactions: Prem51

Cwilliam

Thank you for all the info. The day I was diagnosed my blood sugar level was 3. The doc asked me if I had eaten anything and I said yes a milkshake and a sandwich with bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato and cheese an hour before my appointment. And the rest well I got more from you guys. I also have trouble with my heart. Its starts beating fast and irregular and as suddenly as it begins it stops. No links can be found

Reactions: Brunneria