Can someone recommend a small smartwatch compatible with Freestyle Libre?

I have recently started using the Freestyle Libre and am finding the alarm on my Pixel 6 embarrassingly loud and cannot turn the sound down. I would like to get a smart watch or similar (that doesn't cost too much) where I can get a vibration on my wrist. I have small wrists so it would need to be small. Is this possible, does anyone have this set up? Thanks

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have recently started using the Freestyle Libre and am finding the alarm on my Pixel 6 embarrassingly loud and cannot turn the sound down. I would like to get a smart watch or similar (that doesn't cost too much) where I can get a vibration on my wrist. I have small wrists so it would need to be small. Is this possible, does anyone have this set up? Thanks
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I use a Watlaa one watch. But need a Bluetooth bridge (Bubblan bubble mini.) To scan & send the data directly to the watch.
The watch is a stand alone device which can be calibrated either on the watch or via an app on my phone.

Thanks Jaylee, I have looked at the Watlaa watch it is a bit big and not quite what I was looking for. I don't need to be able to read my levels on the watch, I just want to feel an alarm rather than hear it. Especially and night, my husband gets a bit grumpy if it goes off at 5!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Jaylee, I have looked at the Watlaa watch it is a bit big and not quite what I was looking for. I don't need to be able to read my levels on the watch, I just want to feel an alarm rather than hear it. Especially and night, my husband gets a bit grumpy if it goes off at 5!

I must admit, the Watlaa for me was slimmer than the modern smartwatches. (Reminiscent of the old “digital watch?)
Not too bulky for me..
It’s basically a timepiece with a stripped down version of xDrip in the firmware. No sounds just a firm vibration.
I use it as a heads up at work more than anything.. My hypo awareness is still great even at night.

It’s a pity there isn’t something like a wrist band that takes a BT trigger from either customisable app off the phone that just vibrates at a bespoke level for the user.?

Hopefully someone else has something more appropriate for you…?

Reactions: Bigcatfatcatcat