Can someone workout this insumin to carb ratio plz

Casey89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’m on 1 unit Of Insulin For Every 10g Of Carbs. I Have The Aviva Expert Metre, It’s Amazing!! I Was Given It When I Finished The DAFNE Course. You Test Your Blood Sugar And Then Put How Much Carbs Your Having And It Will Work It Out For You So It Will Add The Correction In If Your Blood Sugar Is High And Add The Carbs Up. Then Tells You How Much To Inject. I’m So Glad I Did The DAFNE Course. Xx

Craigh82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The way it has been described by my nurse is 1 unit of insulin per 10g of carbs. And 1 unit of insulin will bring blood glucose down 3.

mmcmaster90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It all depends what ration your doing for insulin, for example majority people will be 1 unit for every 10carbs but I'm 1 unit for every 5 carbs and to be fair it's brilliant,

I was exactly the same as yourself bit confused and worries for the first week but has changed me and bloods for the better and also feeling better

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is defo NOT 1u of insulin to 10g or carbs well not for breakfast anyway. I've experimented and it's something like this

Breakfast
Around 2.5 unit's per 10g of carbs

Lunch time
Around 1.5 unit's per 10g of carbs

Dinner
Around 1.2 unit's per 10g of carbs

iHs

Doesn't really matter which way round the ratio is adjusted to... Some adjust the insulin in the ratio and some adjust the carb. The deciding factor is how bg levels behave using bg level guidance from a hospital or use the NICE bg targets.