Type 1 Can thrush cause high blood sugar?

Nadia19

Hi I’m aware that yeast infection is a breeding ground when sugar is high. I’ve woke up this morning relatively high, just finished a course of amoxicillin this morning. Wondering if the thrush is raising the sugar. Thanks

Reactions: MissMuffett

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In my experience it’s the other way round. High BG can cause more episodes of thrush. That’s how my sister was diagnosed as T2, she was getting thrush almost every 2 weeks! I’m on Forxiga and if I don’t watch my carb intake I would get thrush as a side effect.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Several common conditions and medications can raise Blood Glucose including:
Illness or injury
Stress or lack of sleep
Steroids and Statins and possibly some antibiotics

Reactions: MissMuffett

stevengrees

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
People with uncontrolled diabetes are at a higher risk of developing thrush due to elevated blood sugar levels. High blood sugar provides an ideal environment for yeast to thrive, increasing the likelihood of a Candida overgrowth. So, in this case, the high blood sugar precedes the thrush infection.

Hi I’m aware that yeast infection is a breeding ground when sugar is high. I’ve woke up this morning relatively high, just finished a course of amoxicillin this morning. Wondering if the thrush is raising the sugar. Thanks