can type 1 diabetes be controlled with diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Yetta,

May I be as so bold that you look at the rules of the UK, radio 4 quiz show "Just a minute?"

The rules are simple.
"The panellists are invited, in rotation, to speak for one minute on a given subject (which they are normally not informed of in advance), without "hesitation, repetition or deviation".

Hats off for Not hesitating. You certainly have not deviated.

But you need to work on the repetition... ;)

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
surely the OP is not type 1 diabetic, what a load of nonsence
Hi

Explain yourself. I have a web site which I advertise with google in India and the U.S.to health care professionals. I have been read an average of over 700 views a day in India and about 30 times a day in the U.S.. I get a lot of are you a health care professional and thumbs up.

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
It is your theory that is not right according to those who post on the RH forum.
Starch in any form is bad!
Hi
We disagree but doctors in India and the U.S. agree with me. I advertise with google in India and the U.S.. I am read an average of over 700 views a day in India and about 30 a day in the U.S.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I remember Az something.

If you are referring to the person I think you are, she certainly does not manage her condition by diet. She takes insulin, which she administers via an insulin pump.

Yetta, I am now going to lock this thread to further replies. You have had a very good airing of your views, however, as a great many, very knowledgeable members - many of whom are living, breathing T1s have stated, it is not possible to manage T1 diabetes using diet alone.

Please do try to spend some time reading about T1 diabetes. Most people living with T1 diabetes would be in trouble after 24 hours without insulin. They would be very ill indeed within 48 hours and a good chance of not surviving 3-4 days without insulin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77
Status
Not open for further replies.