can we take lantus insulin injection by bd insulin syringes ?

Chandradev819

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
can we take lantus insulin injection by bd insulin syringes ? I take every day 1 unit of lantus insulin. But while injecting from pen injection, half unit insulin will come out of body. So i feel pen injection is not suitable for small unit.

Can i inject same insulin by bd insulin syringes ?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi
can we take lantus insulin injection by bd insulin syringes ? I take every day 1 unit of lantus insulin. But while injecting from pen injection, half unit insulin will come out of body. So i feel pen injection is not suitable for small unit.

Yes you can :)

Reactions: Chandradev819

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You can, but it's quite common to see some insulin residue when you withdraw the needle, when you inject try and leave the needle in the skin for 10 seconds and see if that makes a difference.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I'm with @CarbsRok indeed you can.

Never actually drawn insulin from a cartridge before using a syringe. My experience is with the old school vials..

You might need to be mindful of replacing the insulin with air in the cartridge before drawing up? Or you could create a vacuume that would pull the bung down or compress the rubber membrane on the cap?? Just my thoughts. But doable!

A

asparagusp

I still am finding these BD Autoshield needles unreliable. Often nothing comes out and if it does often the base of the orange component is wet. This was case today and so I took what I hope is another couple of units but part of me wonders if in fact I have repeated usual 8 units .....

It's therefore tricky to know how many to take with me when I go away.

Today I plan to raise the issue with Boots Pharmacy. I'm sick of this.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I still am finding these BD Autoshield needles unreliable. Often nothing comes out and if it does often the base of the orange component is wet. This was case today and so I took what I hope is another couple of units but part of me wonders if in fact I have repeated usual 8 units .....

It's therefore tricky to know how many to take with me when I go away.

Today I plan to raise the issue with Boots Pharmacy. I'm sick of this.
Are you actually fitting the needle correctly? Or following the manufacturer's instructions on the correct injection procedure?