ryvita
shreddies
wholemeal wraps or pitta
These are some of my breakfast and lunches which would help me

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello. I can't but you might be able to. Test and see.
By and large I would expect cereals, grains & flour to be harmful. For example Mrs DeeJay's dark rye Ryvita has no additives but is two thirds carbs, making 6.7 carbs each.
The more processed, the worse, on account of added sugar.

Reactions: 2 people

Silvaboots

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello. I can't but you might be able to. Test and see.
By and large I would expect cereals, grains & flour to be harmful. For example Mrs DeeJay's dark rye Ryvita has no additives but is two thirds carbs, making 6.7 carbs each.
The more processed, the worse, on account of added sugar.
Thanks Deejay
Im just starting out and just trying different things to see what will work for me,Thanks for the reply

Reactions: 3 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
The only thing on the list I can eat is pitta bread

Reactions: 2 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can have ryvitas long as I put plenty of butter and cheese with them, but pitta bread is a complete no-no. The only way to find out for sure if to test before and 2 hours after eating a food, hoping to see less than a 2 point rise.

Reactions: 4 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't like the first two, and can't normally get them to be fair, but the pitta and wraps I eat.

Quantity varies according to what's on them.

Silvaboots

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Think the way forward is to test test and then test again at the moment for me to find what suits me
Thanks for the

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can eat whatever you want, but you may find that those things spike your blood sugar and they certainly aren't included in a LCHF diet. It's low carb - above ground vegetables not grains or processed food -high fat and moderate protein. Have a look at Dr Andreas Eenfeldt's www.dietdoctor.com

You'll find variations because all the proponents of LCHF do it slightly differently. Some allow dairy, others don't. Some are high protein. Others aren't. You can even find a low carb Weight Watchers plan now.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Ryvita is a no no for me especially those with bits offruit in them .... 78% carbs I think.
White bread of any kind be it pitapizza base etc is a no no too.
If I have a piece of Burgen bread toasted or otherwise I now see it as not being buttered but adding a slice of bread to my butter .... the fat slowing down the conversion to glucose.
I can't handle any breakfast cereal other than porridge which many can't and I only can if I put coconut oil and butter in it.
Plenty of full fat dairy products for me and nuts and tinned fish and pork crackling.

Soledad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Look up the carbs on the Nutrition Facts label on packaging if in doubt. Helps if you're keeping count of your nutritional intake too.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I miss Shreddies and Ryvita but I no longer eat them because they are high in carbs. You're right, @Silvaboots, the only way is to test your blood sugar to try and isolate what your favourite foods are doing to you. A strict LCHF diet would mean keeping daily carbs to 20g. Some days I keep to this, but sometimes I deviate upwards to about 50g for the day. One crisp bread that I eat occasionally with butter, cheese or a boiled egg is a Finn, a Finnish crisp bread which I think is 3.7g carbs per crisp bread. They are in a slim red cardboard box next to the Ryvita in Sainsbury's. :)