daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Peter, post one more time then you will have the five messages you need so you can use PM. Thank me for example :lol:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Giverny said:
Robinredbreast said:
Hi just wanted to add a few things to this thread. I am not one of the people who know nothing about Cannabis, I went out with a smoker and as I said before I tried it once........... and never again :sick:
Bretty
Cannabis users are not lazy? well my partner was. Cannabis uses are some of the nicest people, errrrr no, you can't say that about all users, unless you know every single one :? I have no idea where you live, but if it was in a country where it is tolerated or legal, then, by reading your posts, I'm sure you would of voiced that.
Cannabis affects your mind, fact, seen it. My ex had a dog, dog got out, noone tried to stop it except me, but the dog was off. I phoned the police to find out if the dog had been found, luckily he was. We went to collect dog, I insisted that a lead was taken. When we went to get the dog, found the police pound, my ex couldn't even get himself together to get the lead onto the dog and the dog was running about, but I managed to get dog, Police didn't look very impressed! Don't know if they suspected anything :!:

When visiting my sister and her husband ( it was the 1st time they had met my ex) when he found out my BIL worked in the Navy and went to certain countries he asked if he could bring back a block of Cannabis so it could be eventually cut up and sold, Oh the look on their faces is one that will stay with me forever, believe me. Making a lovely dinner, he couldn't eat it, too chilled out :eh: and couldn't do other things ( not going into detail, but denied anything was wrong) These are just a few of my memories.

I have RLS, Restleg leg Syndrome, I have had it for over 15 years. The problem with RLS is that when you are resting, tired, bedtime etc the RLS starts. A good way to relieve the symptoms is by walking about, shaking legs, or doing something phyiscal so as to take your mind off of the jerky and the horrible sensation in the legs. So how Cannabis can help your condition is baffaling to me. I have to take tablets at bedtime and also during the day.

I work in a chemist, customers come in and certain customers come in for certain medication. One in particular sinks the shop out with the smell of the Cannabis that he has just smoked. We are breathing this in( even though it would be, I think, a tiny amount and also people who come into the shop, the elderly and youngsters. As soon as he leaves the shop, I spray air freshner everywhere.

Also wasn't there a case a while ago, where a man gave his pet rabbit Cannabis and the poor thing was so 'out of it' it couldn't escape the jaws of another animal?

People do take natural Insulin, taken from dead pigs and cows, it is still in use, used worldwide and not manufactoured in a lab.

Smoking, whatever the substance is not good for the lungs, that's a fact. If people want to smoke whatever substances then thats there choice. But please remember,younger people view this forum and any type of 'drug' should not be glamourised in any way whatsoever( and I am using the word glamourised, loosley) What people do for their own recreational use is entirely up to them.

This is what I know, been there and what I have seen.

A smoker will advocate their smoking, an alcoholic will advocate their drinking and also a gambler etc, the first line of defence is to attack.

Best wishes RRB
With all due respect, that sounds to me like it was more than just cannabis that this man was on. Not wanting to eat a meal? One of the biggest side effects of smoking is an insatiable appetite. I do believe though that cannabis, like any other non-lethal drug, should be used in moderation... and it definitely shouldn't be fed to animals. How sick can some people be?

With all due respect to you Giverny, I wrote from experience from what I saw and from what I know .NOT from what I have read off of the internet, tabloids, radio,tv or hearsay. I know of the 'munchies' but with everyone, they can and do have some different symptoms. As for the poor animal :sick: , if you take a drug then it does alter the mind in some way and if a person is 'high' or 'out of it' who knows what their actions could be, especially younger people, which, can affect them severely and also later in life. I , personally would rather have a cup of tea and read a book than indulge in Cannabis :D, but that's my preference,my choice, you have yours and so do many,many others. What other people partake in, is entirely their choice, whether socially or medically.

Just to add, that, its the young people I worry about the most because when they read some of the posts and how it could influence them in choices,their minds are still growing and can be fragile enough at the best of times. We do have to tread very carefully when posting, especially on a subject regarding drug use, don't you think ?

Best wishes RRB

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Absolutely, RRB. I respect that you've seen the effects first-hand, and I'm not here to try and sway your views on drugs. I can see why you worry about the younger generation though, and the topic of drugs can potentially be a dangerous one. As long as people don't start floating around the forum advertising cocaine and meth as viable treatments for disease, I'm happy to see discussions going on about drugs. T'is something people are naturally curious about, and the more they can educate themselves on the pros and cons of drug-taking, the more informed decisions they can make as to whether they do or don't want to indulge. If any dangerous information is posted though, I urge people to PM myself or another moderator and we'll deal with it.

foreverdelayed

I would just like to add that as a parent, I would much rather my kids experimented with cannabis rather than alcohol or nicotine. Obviously the law is the law but through experience, I'd be much happier if they avoid alcohol, nicotine and cannabis. However kids will be kids and two of those substances are addictive and poisonous. I have an interest in this subject as I do not want my kids to end up like me. On the few occasions that I have got drunk, I have ended up in a&e, been mugged and I almost choked on my own vomit. I am also hoplessly addicted to nicotine and this causes me great concern. I also would like kids to listen, understand and make their own judgement instead of having opinions shoved down their throat. Our society sends a message that drugs are bad but alcohol is OK! Why? How? For what reason? If cannabis cannot stand with these other substances then make alcohol and nicotine illegal. I would also be happy with that scenario. I want to be able to speak honestly and openly on the subject with my kids and trust them to make their life choices. To do this we need all the available information so we can consider an argument, and to do this research has to be presented and held against currently legalised substances. My job as a parent is to guide my kids, not tell them what to do, I want them to be free thinkers and consider all arguments before coming to a conclusion. Drugs are bad just cause they are doesn't wash with me and so I cannot expect my kids to either. I'm all for rational judgement and cannabis being illegal is not rational when you consider the evidence. Rant over!!!:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
"Cannabis is safe for over-18 brains, but risky for under-18 brains.” - Professor Terrie Moffitt, Institute of Psychiatry. August 2012

“Cannabis has been used safely for many thousands of years…there have been concerted efforts to demonise the drug’s use.” - Professor Tim Kirkham, psychologist, Liverpool University. 2007

“I don’t think it causes mental illness. I have never seen a case of so-called cannabis psychosis.” - Dr Trevor Turner, former vice president of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. 2007

“I don’t see a lot of problem cannabis users…we’re not seeing a lot of cannabis users presenting for treatment.” - Dr Clare Gerada, chair, Royal College of General Practitioners. March 2012

"I think it is also important to note that we cannot be certain that there is a causal link between cannabis use and psychosis at present." Professor Glyn Lewis, March 2011

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All .

All the links have now been placed in our community submitted guides and links site .
This is because all the links cover various issues .

Please vist there to read the links information.

Thanks Anna.

jamby41

@rrb don't you think spraying air fresher is a bad idea in a chemist especially for people with asthma? You should have just opened the door.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
jamby41 said:
@rrb don't you think spraying air fresher is a bad idea in a chemist especially for people with asthma? You should have just opened the door.

Hi Jamby41, as I wasn't the owner or the manager of the local family run business and just a mere worker, I was asked to spray the air freshner,it was behind the counter. Also when a customer came into the shop a buzzer sounded, to indicate that a person had entered the premisis or had left the premisis. Certain customers, were watched very closely and having the door open was a no no. The smell was overpowering in a small area :thumbdown:

I hope that clears that up for you. RRB

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
foreverdelayed said:
My job as a parent is to guide my kids, not tell them what to do, I want them to be free thinkers and consider all arguments before coming to a conclusion. Drugs are bad just cause they are doesn't wash with me and so I cannot expect my kids to either. I'm all for rational judgement and cannabis being illegal is not rational when you consider the evidence. Rant over!!!:)

Great attidude. There are more and more of us startingto think like this, AND to let it be KNOWN that we think like this!

Brilliant post! :thumbup:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Anna.

anna said:
All the links have now been placed in our community submitted guides and links site .
This is because all the links cover various issues .

Any chance of a link to all of those links? :D

SAH154

bretty said:
If you look into cannabis you will see it really isn't that bad and can do wonders for all sorts of people if it was that bad it wouldn't be subscribed to over 10 different types of illnesses , and legal in !

Funny thing while searching about leg cramps there is mention it can help with it :lol:

foreverdelayed

Well if anyone was in any doubt as to public opinion on cannabis, take a look at crimestoppers' Facebook page! Their on about scratch and sniff cards to "educate" people on the smell and to "weed" out neighbours who might be growing! Needless to say, their not getting much support. That's Britain for you though.
Wasting your cash since records began!

#breakthetaboo

ed209

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there I've been smoking weed since I've been 15 and been T2 for the best part of a year but don't know how long I had it for. Every time I have been to my gp my blood pressure is normal and everything else is fine when I have a joint I have no problems wiv stomach pains and I feel ok but when I don't have one I get bubble guts i would love weed to be made available on the nhs only for people who have a good medical grounds