Cannabis

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
No one can get cannabis prescribed in the uk. You can get a canaboid spray but that's only prescribed for people that have multiple sclerosis.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
I was in Amsterdam a week ago, and I've always fancied eating some of their special "cake" (not that I'm into narcotics or anything, but it's another thing to cross off the old bucket list).

It's a bit like the old fried-bread effect - I don't eat fried-bread, not because of the fried bit, but because of the bread bit. I decidied I couldn't eat space-cake, not because of the cannabis, but because of the carbohydrate content. :***:

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
My husband wanted to try Space Cakes a few years back (pre-diagnosis) when we visited Amsterdam.

I was just too scared of how potent the "space" part of the cake was going to be so we chickened out.

I used to be a pot head in my younger rebellious days, it just lead to paranoia and agoraphobia, not to mention chest infections (smoking without proper filters).

I prefer a couple of gin or wine these days, mellows me right out. :yawn:

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sanober said:
I was just too scared of how potent the "space" part of the cake was going to be so we chickened out.

Yeah, that's the other bit, I was too scared to go into the coffeeshops too...

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
borofergie said:
I decidied I couldn't eat space-cake, not because of the cannabis, but because of the carbohydrate content. :***:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

borofergie said:
Yeah, that's the other bit, I was too scared to go into the coffeeshops too...

What about those other places with the big windows with the red lights in. Those were far more scary!

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
xyzzy said:
What about those other places with the big windows with the red lights in. Those were far more scary!

Ummm well, I didn't go it to any, but my running route got kinda diverted past most of them while Mrs Borofergie was out singing. I was lost. That's my excuse anyway.

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cafe 46 in Amsterdam is great, they do the best cookies. That was a good few years ago.

bretty

I'm a regular cannabis smoker , (I'm not lazy it doesn't effect my brain or make me paranoind or crazy lol ) I work hard up at 6 every morning and fork work . I smoke every day (after work ) 1 or 2 joints a night and decided to stop for one month to see how I was when I didn't smoke , and the result was very dramatic , when I smoke my sugar levels are between 5-8 all say every day , when I didn't smoke they was between 10-13 all day every day , I found that my apitite was none exaistant when not smoking and when I did eat I just felt tired and lazy , so now I have smoked again for a not h and my sugar levels are back down to what they should be ! And I'm no tired and I'm eating well again ! I do think it all depends on the person , as all the negative people say its bad for you and has side effects and it's an addiction, well to me If I can stop at the drop of a hat for a month there's no addiction there . Also I don't drink at all but have found in previous years when I did have the odd one or 2 beers I found the next day was a rite off for me lol

Any just my opinion

I shall stick to what works best for me and that's a joint or 2 a day keeps the doctor away !!!

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
Ah! So this is why my diabetes control went downhill after I left Uni! :D

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
This thread has got my attention...

...I know I've mentioned weed before - let's see how long this genuinely interesting (and maybe useful) thread is allowed t o run for.

bretty

I have done a bit of research on cannabis and diabeties , in the uk people see cannabis as a hard DRUG when in reality it's not at all , alcohol is in fact far worse for you , in America you can actually get subscribed cannabis through diabeties as it helps your appetite and takes a whole lot of pressure of your eyes ! If you look into cannabis you will see it really isn't that bad and can do wonders for all sorts of people if it was that bad it wouldn't be subscribed to over 10 different types of illnesses , and legal in many many many places in the world as log as you don't over use and become a bum I feel it's a good thing to help you along in life if you need it. It's only addictive if u have an addictive personality and will only do u harm if your silly about it , like all things use in moderation !

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
But you get the munchies with cannabis so how can it help diabetics. Hmmm.

bretty

Because I eat a lot of healthy foods I dont indulge in chocolates or cakes or junk food although I would love to lol

bretty

Also not to bore you all or keep going on , when the diagnosed me I thought I had to stop smoking as it would really effect y diabeties bearing in mid I had no idea about diabeties at all, but my first 2 months of not smoking my sugar levels was hi all The time then I I started again and then I felt great my sugar levels dropped and my energy was up as I was back at work in no time !

bretty

Like I said previously each to there own and what ever works for u works for u only and do everything in moderation