Cannot get BMs down . Owing to stress.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone I recently posted about my high sugars . Type 1 , I have had these readings upto 18-19 mol after feeling anxious for some time . I have tried increasing humalog insulin and lanctus long acting but to no avail. I have spoke to my diabetic nurse yesterday who suggested changing my insulin , Incase I had a bad batch and also injection sites to wich I did 6.4 this morning, only ate one slice of granary bread , am eating low amount of carbs small lunch . Blood sugars 17.1 three hours later . My DN doesn’t think it is down to stress . I disagree with with that . Feel totally lost and unsure of a solution. Anybody had similar problems please .

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone I recently posted about my high sugars . Type 1 , I have had these readings upto 18-19 mol after feeling anxious for some time . I have tried increasing humalog insulin and lanctus long acting but to no avail. I have spoke to my diabetic nurse yesterday who suggested changing my insulin , Incase I had a bad batch and also injection sites to wich I did 6.4 this morning, only ate one slice of granary bread , am eating low amount of carbs small lunch . Blood sugars 17.1 three hours later . My DN doesn’t think it is down to stress . I disagree with with that . Feel totally lost and unsure of a solution. Anybody had similar problems please .
How long have you had diabetes @be strong 2017?

Do you often wake with a nice number like 6.4mmol/L?

How long have you been suffering from anxiety and were your BG's stable and within range before then?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@be strong 2017 . You allude to low carb eating.
What protein are you eating? Protein especially without carbs can cause substantial BS rises.
As @GrantGam asks re lengthy of diagnosis you could maybe coming out of a honeymoon period.
Let us know and we'll see if we can help more.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to you,

I have just been to docs, after been told to take 2 metformin slow release and also after I had antibiotics for Chest infection diorhhea also.
I go to diabetes clinic on Thursday morning so will see what they say lol.

Diligent500.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi to all,

Yes I definatley think also that my b.s. is also down to STRESS I cannot eat anything at all and it be a low b.s. reading so I am not happy as I NEED to loose WEIGHT and All INSULIN is doing is PUTTING me weight on I just feel like I CARNT eat
FOOD cud I Cannot loose weight at all so if I don' EAT my b.s. will STAY LOW.

Diligent500.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi There . Sorry to here that . It is a hard one to solve . The thing is your body requires food which is natural even when you are diabetic. What advice have you been given by your diabetic nurse. They can be understanding but not always helpful or correct with their advice each DSN can have a different opinion. I would be interested to know how you get on . Good luck with everything.