Cannot keep sugar levels stable

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
my daughter has to take prednisolone regularly she hates the stuff. she is a fragile asthmatic. i hope it does not mess up her body more than it is. not sure her body could cope with diabetes on top of her other conditions.

What kind of dose is she on for her asthma? How long has she been on it and is the dose being reduced at all ? It would be a very good sign if she's been on it for a relatively long time with not real sign of diabetes. If you are really worried, ask her doctor about tests and about possible alternatives. I hope she's absolutely fine. Sometimes...it's a good drug!

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope your husband is on a lower dose now as that will make difference to any spikes he may experience on the drug.
He is on 7.5mg a day now and does have three monthly blood tests His BG levels are pretty good mostly averaging 5/6's. He is 85 and his doctor does worry about his joints and bones as steroids can make them more fragile so he takes a once a week tablet that is for arthritis that will hopefully protect his bones

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
He is on 7.5mg a day now and does have three monthly blood tests His BG levels are pretty good mostly averaging 5/6's. He is 85 and his doctor does worry about his joints and bones as steroids can make them more fragile so he takes a once a week tablet that is for arthritis that will hopefully protect his bones

Oh that shouldn't do too much damage in terms of spiking his blood sugar other than on the day. I was on 25mg a day, which was not great at all but it gradually got cut down (on my insistence) to 2.5mg. I hope his levels stay good.

Reactions: Pinkorchid