Cannulas- Accu check insight

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all - just a quick post to see if above using the Insight has had problems with cannulas? 3 x in the past fortnight I've had a sore lump (under the skin) when removing the cannula and my sugars have been raised. The area has been quite red so was worried about infection. My DSN thought it may have been a 'dodgy batch' of cannulas & suggested I ring Roche. Just to deter if anyone else has had the same? TIA

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all - just a quick post to see if above using the Insight has had problems with cannulas? 3 x in the past fortnight I've had a sore lump (under the skin) when removing the cannula and my sugars have been raised. The area has been quite red so was worried about infection. My DSN thought it may have been a 'dodgy batch' of cannulas & suggested I ring Roche. Just to deter if anyone else has had the same? TIA

I get this if I use the same site too often. I can use another one from the same batch in a different area and have no problems.
Not saying that’s what you’re doing, that’s just what happens to me.

Hope it gets sorted!

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I get this if I use the same site too often. I can use another one from the same batch in a different area and have no problems.
Not saying that’s what you’re doing, that’s just what happens to me.

Hope it gets sorted!

Thanks @claire1991 - I think I've used different sites each time but thank you - interesting to know you've had similar. Annoying & quite sure. Thanks for reply

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've not seen this issue, but please please rotate your sites and try to be as thorough as you can.

I've been IDD for a long time and my thighs are now useless for pumping because when I was younger and using pens/syringes I didn't rotate.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've not seen this issue, but please please rotate your sites and try to be as thorough as you can.

I've been IDD for a long time and my thighs are now useless for pumping because when I was younger and using pens/syringes I didn't rotate.

Thanks @Chas C - I do rotate regularly & in over a year & a half of being on a pump this has only happened in the last fortnight - which is why my DSN thought it could be a dodgy batch! Thank you

Reactions: Chas C

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @Chas C - I do rotate regularly & in over a year & a half of being on a pump this has only happened in the last fortnight - which is why my DSN thought it could be a dodgy batch! Thank you

Sorry was just responding to your "I think I've used different sites" :)

Reactions: Medusa41

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No issues with me, @Medusa41 , but I'll be extra vigilant in light of your post - thank you! Is it the Flex cannulas you're using?
:)

Reactions: Medusa41