Cannulas

Slinger

hi everyone,

i have read on some threads about people saying the flexlink and flexlink plus cannulas are not good.

since being on my pump i have used the flexlink and have had no problems at all. saying that the cannulas are bent when taking them out does not mean that they are bent whilst in the site. i have had a few that are bent when taking them out but never had an issue with high BG and even if they are bent whilst inserted does not mean that insulin is not getting deliveried.

i can imagine why the cannulas can get bent whilst inserted if like me where the cannulas are inserted in my belly and with bending over could cause the cannula to bend but i think this would be taken into consideration when these cannulas were being developed and tested. just think of a hose pipe, bend it a little and water still comes out.
engineering minded people on here will understand, fluids being pushed through a small pipe have to have a serious blockage to stop them, look at how powerful hydraulics are. ok the pump isnt as powerful as hydraulic pumps but the then again the insulin pumps arent trying to lift/push heavy equipment.

this is just my view but thought i would get my point of view in

thanks

ste

barkbark

I have used flexilink for over 14 months and flexilink plus for over a month now, so far I have had no failures or occlusions. My blood sugars are where I expect them to be. I live an active life and put my pump and cannulas through a bit of a beating so personally have not come across a design fault with either the flexilink or flexilink plus systems.