• Thread starter Deleted member 489048
  • Start Date

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
*stereotyping madly*

Blokes often like to fix things, and my very practically minded husband can’t always get to grips with the fact that I can’t be mended, sorted, job done. The relentless management tasks are basically incomprehensible to him, although he does meticulously count carbs for me when he’s cooking, and buy some of the strange foods I eat now when he’s shopping. But if he could sort out a new pancreas and nail it on with gaffer tape and cable ties, he probably would!

Closed looping? hahaha seriously though its good fun.

Reactions: LooperCat

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can talk to my misses about it all and she understands it all......but I don't go in to much details these days through fear of boring her....

ultimately I don't need to talk about in any detail with anyone......

I told her about my recent HbA1c improvement, as well as my success in getting in the Libre list.....apart from that, it doesn't come up that often....

apart from when the BG has went **** up and I am unable to contribute to the household cleaning etc.....;)

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
*stereotyping madly*

Blokes often like to fix things, and my very practically minded husband can’t always get to grips with the fact that I can’t be mended, sorted, job done. The relentless management tasks are basically incomprehensible to him, although he does meticulously count carbs for me when he’s cooking, and buy some of the strange foods I eat now when he’s shopping. But if he could sort out a new pancreas and nail it on with gaffer tape and cable ties, he probably would!
That's my bloke covered! I think he's fed up of not being able to 'fix' me now so zones out when I'm on a diabetes related rant.

Preferable to my mother though who just can't understand why I was making such a fuss about the whole diagnosis, DKA, nearly died stuff......

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
That's my bloke covered! I think he's fed up of not being able to 'fix' me now so zones out when I'm on a diabetes related rant.

Preferable to my mother though who just can't understand why I was making such a fuss about the whole diagnosis, DKA, nearly died stuff......
We ended up having a bit of a chat about this very thing last night. I stopped halfway through a dia(betes)tribe to say “sorry, I’m boring you. I’m actually boring myself” and he was actually quite upset that I thought I was boring him about something that’s so important to manage properly... ❤️

Reactions: Knikki

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other

We ended up having a bit of a chat about this very thing last night. I stopped halfway through a dia(betes)tribe to say “sorry, I’m boring you. I’m boring myself” and he was actually quite upset that I though I was boring him about something that’s so important to manage properly... ❤️