Car insurance

Jestred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,
well..., I did inform my insurance company of my T1 condition when diagnosed ! and the premium did not change :). im about to renew and I have been told that that policy is no longer available anymore from a certain underwriting company but they could insure me.But looking at the new price its a increase by 56%
looking around I was shocked that the same underwriter will insure me with a smaller increase but via a alternative broker.

My question is whom do you think is the best insurance for people with T1 ?

Many thanks
Jestred

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Shop around, I just use the price comparison websites for car/house insurance.

Reactions: 2 people

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been with directline since before diagnosis. Informed them when I was diagnosed but have not seen any jump like you describe.
I have seen the usual slight increase come renewal time and on occasion I have simply cancelled the policy then renewed with them on the website all over again for more or less my original rate. I think this is a usual business thing and nothing to do with the T1 since the wife has seen similar too.

But as noblehead says just shop around a bit. While you are required to inform them they are not allowed to discriminate though proving it can be tricky I guess.

/A

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you will find few if any insurers increase the premium because of diabetes, so just shop around.

Reactions: 4 people