Carb Counting App

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My daughter wants to lose weight and having seen my success with a low carb diet wants to try it. Unlike me she is not diabetic so she doesn't need to track BG. Can anyone suggest a simple iPhone app she could use to track carbs and calories as I think she is more likely to use that rather than a notebook or spreadsheet.

CJa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My daughter wants to lose weight and having seen my success with a low carb diet wants to try it. Unlike me she is not diabetic so she doesn't need to track BG. Can anyone suggest a simple iPhone app she could use to track carbs and calories as I think she is more likely to use that rather than a notebook or spreadsheet.
I used an app called MySugr. It has some cute features and can record sugar, exersise and diet.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the carbs and Cals app mentioned by @bulkbiker . It’s pretty good - loads of food and pictures of different portion sizes to help you. You can also put in ‘My Meals’ if you frequently have the same meal - I did this with breakfast as I usually had the same thing and it saved putting all the individual items in each time. You can also add your own photos and nutritional info for food that isn’t included already in the app.