Carb Counting

wasdale

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, can I please ask how you count your carbs please?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you mean where we get the info from? (I use supermarket websites or the back of the pack)
Or how do we record them? ( I use an excel spreadsheet)
Or something else?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't count anymore, but when I did I looked at the grams per 100g in all the foods I ate, weighed the portion size I was going to eat, and calculated from there. Sometimes packaged foods show the number of grams per item, such as per sausage or whatever.

There is an excellent book (and app) called Carbs and Cals, available from Amazon, and you can also use any major supermarket website for finding the grams per 100g. (percentage). Just Google Tesco followed by the food. The nutrition labels on packaged food always show the grams per 100g.

Jemz

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you mean where we get the info from? (I use supermarket websites or the back of the pack)
Or how do we record them? ( I use an excel spreadsheet)
Or something else?
I love a good spreadsheet.
Don't know why I haven't been recording mine this way

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love a good spreadsheet.
Don't know why I haven't been recording mine this way
emoji5.png

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use fatsecret.co.uk to log my food. Although sometimes it isn't absolutely accurate it is easy to use and it seems to have a large database of food from the major supermarkets.

wasdale

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I meant an easy way to count them as I'm aware of the packaging info but just wondered if there's an easy app & also were I don't have to pay to get premium like the myfitnesspal one. I'll try the carbs & cals from Amazon. I had a brilliant food scale yrs ago from lloyds chemist which gave you cals, carbs, fats etc but can't seem to find it online, may need to pop in store & ask

wasdale

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't count anymore, but when I did I looked at the grams per 100g in all the foods I ate, weighed the portion size I was going to eat, and calculated from there. Sometimes packaged foods show the number of grams per item, such as per sausage or whatever.

There is an excellent book (and app) called Carbs and Cals, available from Amazon, and you can also use any major supermarket website for finding the grams per 100g. (percentage). Just Google Tesco followed by the food. The nutrition labels on packaged food always show the grams per 100g.
Hiya is there an app called carbs and calories in Amazon as can only seem to find the book? Thanks