Carb counting

taurusmmuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am just learning about carb counting and would like to know if anyone here has used a set of food weighing scales called
"Salter Nutri-Weigh Slim". The scales calculate calories, total weight, fat content, protein, salt, carb & fiber.
My question is:- do I have to subtract the fiber content from the carb value or do the scales do this automatically.

one other question:- is there a book, about carb counting I am new to this and a bit lost. I was diagnosed 3 months ago and had a second blood test 6 weeks later, my 3 month avg' was 6.3, so my doctor said I was "borderline diabetic" and she would see me in 12 months time. Should I go back and ask for a course with a dietician. I have lost 9kg, since I was diagnosed and my blood pressure has dropped to just over normal (self administered). Alas my weight loss has stalled and I need to tweak my diet to get optimum nutrition for the lowest calorie count that I can manage. I have always enjoyed "carbohydrate food" but now need to keep to the good stuff mainly, allowing for some indulgence very occasionally.

I find this site invaluable and couldn't have got to where I am without it, the only problem is that there is so much information it takes a lot of time to go through it all. Also I find that some theories are a bit off the wall so a distillation process has to be engaged.

Thanks for any help, Jim.