CARBS & CALS APP ...sooo angry

hrpuffnstuff

I paid for this app, woke up went to use and BOOM, they changed it to monthly membership only (OK only a few meals you can look at without monthly subs.)
I and many others loved this app, photos of the foods, plate quantities, you could add if the quantity wasn't what you had on your plate.

OK, so now many of us have stopped using it, it went from 5*+ to 1* overnight.

Can anyone recommend an app like this one, please?
Ive google play and downloaded some and tried but still none of them gives the info carbs and cals do

And before ANYONE say "Pay a monthly sub then if you like it that much"
Thats NOT the point....we have already paid to use this for a year (Ive been a member for 4 years) so why should i keep paying to use it when Ive paid already

Reactions: SandieD

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Get in touch with their customer service and put your case, especially if you had a lot of time left on your yearly subscription.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I expect it's an admin error. I have suffered several of these since people have been working from home.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if this could be useful to you. That press release was dated 7 July 2021.

https://www.carbsandcals.com/?mailp...iew&data=WzcwLCIxY2ZlMzg2MzU2MzgiLDAsMCwwLDFd

Looks like i could be useful to contact the Help Support Desk/
This sort of forced "upgrade" has caught me unaware as well, I had Flight Radar 24 app which I paid a once off payment to unlock it for more features and to get rid of the adverts. That stopped working one day and it was subscription only with similar excuses that Carbs and Cals made.

I left a bad review and rated it down to one star.

SandieD

I paid for this app, woke up went to use and BOOM, they changed it to monthly membership only (OK only a few meals you can look at without monthly subs.)
I and many others loved this app, photos of the foods, plate quantities, you could add if the quantity wasn't what you had on your plate.

OK, so now many of us have stopped using it, it went from 5*+ to 1* overnight.

Can anyone recommend an app like this one, please?
Ive google play and downloaded some and tried but still none of them gives the info carbs and cals do

And before ANYONE say "Pay a monthly sub then if you like it that much"
Thats NOT the point....we have already paid to use this for a year (Ive been a member for 4 years) so why should i keep paying to use it when Ive paid already
I agree with you however I recd an email advising about monthly subscription and opted out(in settings).They have given me another free yr.
Stopped using it though and downloaded Food(picture of apple) from playstore. Doesn't have photos of food food diary is easier and lists of foods extensive.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
A few apps I have have tried the same... trouble is when there was less choice of apps it was easy for them to make money... but now it's hard to even get found so they try to make money from existing users... bad move most won't pay again especially if its something they already bought.. they will lose users and get bad reviews making getting new users more difficult

To be fair most things I just ask Google for the info

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used myfitnesspal for a while but found I was eating mostly the same food so didn't need it. I also google for the info. In relation to some alcohol I have emailed the manufacturer and received the information.