1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Carbs & Eczema

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Sam1970, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Sam1970

Sam1970 Type 2 · Active Member

I've had atopic eczema all my life (over 40 years) and I've been low carbing for the last 9 weeks. Last week I cheated and had a bowl of cheeselets....my fave christmas treat and the next day had a huge flare up of eczema on my face...swollen dry and sore. It's taken me aweek to get it under control...has anybody else had a skin reaction if they have eaten carbs, wheat after low carbing? Thanks.

2. robert72

robert72 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I suddenly developed eczema about 5-6 years ago. I've noticed over the last 15 months, since I have been low carbing, that it seems to have almost vanished. Fructose seems to set it off most.

• Like Like x 2
  3. robertconroy

robertconroy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wheat sensitivity is the #1 cause of eczema and a lot more. Read Wheat Belly by William Davis

• Like Like x 2
  4. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Milk sets off psoriasis, with me. Cream and butter don't, so I think it is the whey.

Processed meats give me eczema. Cheap bacon, etc. I think it is the preservatives.

5. s_k_s

s_k_s Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Very interesting. My kids have had eczema since birth so it does make wonder.

6. Sam1970

Sam1970 Type 2 · Active Member

It is back on the straight and narrow and no flare ups! One day i'll be brave enough to test the theory lol

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook