Carbs in pills?

Vamppir8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm type 1 and low carbing (amazing difference to life) I have bacon and eggs for breakfast, I wake on 5 but within an hour I'm 8.5. I have put basal up to no effect. The only other thing I have is a thyroxin, rivaroxaban and a vitamin pill. Was wondering what the pills are made of and if that is why I am going up? It's equivalent to about 60g of carbs. So I jab a unit for eating no carbs. Something don't add up.

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could probably weigh the pills and I bet they wouldn't be any larger than 2g (and that's a huge pill). Remember that that's the ENTIRE content and not carbs (which are likely a tiny fraction of a gram).

It's impossible to know what your vitamins contain without you telling us the brand.

Either way, I'd be willing to bet that your morning highs are the result of dawn phenomenon (google it) rather than the tiny pills you're taking.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Even quite large tablets are only about 1/2 a gram so even if they were 100% carb you would have to take 120 to get to 60 grams of carbs.

Vamppir8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Darn thanks all. Mickyduff you are spot on thought there was none in bacon and eggs thought meat was free ahhh carbs in air next!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Darn thanks all. Mickyduff you are spot on thought there was none in bacon and eggs thought meat was free ahhh carbs in air next!

There aren't any carbs in bacon and eggs or meat, but many people find they need to bolus for protein in the absence of carbs (that is, they would be 'free' if there were carbs in the meal)

Protein gives a slower and less predictable rise than carbs. I eat moderate carbs and don't have to bolus for protein but for a meal without any carbs I would have to.