Cardiology risks removed from metformin packaging.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for posting this @ickihun . I currently take 3 x 500mgs/day but my GP agreed with me at my next review we’d discuss reducing it. I want to stay on a small dose for all the other benefits even if my HbA1c stays low.

Reactions: ickihun and dbr10

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have to put my mild heart disease down to long term use of metformin. Great kidney health too. I've had symptoms of diabetes 41yrs+ now. 21yrs have been on metformin (off only for 1 pregnancy and a burn out).
I didn't have gallbladder issues after all. An infection in stomach/gut leaving me with IBS. Obviously to protect against lactic acidosis I stopped metformin and awaiting til iron deficiency anaemia has cleared up before I restart it. I've added weight thou but looking forward to losing it again. My back is taking the brunt of the added weight it seems as in the swimming pool yesterday I felt much lighter and had less stress on my joints. I'm hoping to go again next week. Money permitting as 4 of us. Like the 3 musketeers +1. Ha ha
Metformin gave me my fertility back and my only 2 pregnancies were only possible because of it.
A brilliant appetite suppressant and PCOS treatment. Also great protector, as we can see.