Care sen metre error 4 message -

lotuslight

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello I was just getting the hang of testing but now my new metre is only giving error messages.

I can’t find a phone number.

Iv followed all the instructions and waited for the prompt.

Any ideas at all please bit clueless right now?

Thank you

lotuslight

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello thanks so much for your reply appreciate it, it’s brand new so I hoped battery’s would be ok but worth a check.

I’m using no 4 depth hope that’s ok , felt like I used a lot of blood maybe it’s faulty

Thank you

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello thanks so much for your reply appreciate it, it’s brand new so I hoped battery’s would be ok but worth a check.

I’m using no 4 depth hope that’s ok , felt like I used a lot of blood maybe it’s faulty

Thank you
Most strips I have used have a little window. As long as that window fills with blood when drawn up from the tip it should be enough. My TEE2+ meter only needs a drop the size of a pinhead.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Most strips I have used have a little window. As long as that window fills with blood when drawn up from the tip it should be enough. My TEE2+ meter only needs a drop the size of a pinhead.
Edited to add: It is the tip of the strip you are dipping in the blood drop I suppose?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use this meter you need to make sure you have a little dome of blood and then just touch the blood with end of strip to allow it to draw it up. If you touch finger with strip accidentally this can be a problem and I now can judge just how big drop needs to be and often look at the blood and think is it enough and usually if thinking that I get an error 4 and need to re do. Worth stroking your finger and making sure. Try a few more times and if you feel enough blood and not touching your finger as you say maybe meter faulty? I’ve had mine almost 4 years and going strong says she madly crossing fingers but even then get error 4 when blood not a good sample.
Edit ring spirit healthcare if concerned they are helpful
0800 881 5423

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Deffo insufficient blood sample. The Dual (which I happen to use too) requires a veru small drop of blood compared to other meters I have used in the past. Angle of attack is important. The meter and strip like to be vertical, with the drop presented to the very tip. Others I have used can be side loaded from the horizontal, but this one cannot.

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Not enough blood. Got to make a bubble. Not runny. Also hold the meter up straight. It's so annoying

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks so much, seems there is an art to this , I will perceiver very grateful for the advice
I made the same errors at the beginning not enough blood, too much, strip at the wrong angle and too much directly on top rather than letting the strip ‘draw up’ the drop of blood. Think I watched a good video on YouTube in the end. You will soon get the hang of it.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's a pix of how I do it one handed, no blood drop though.

I leave the meter in it's case on a flat surface, put a strip in which turns the meter on, lance finger, move finger to the end of the strip where the drop of blood will get sucked up the slot on the strip.

pD2uYqs.jpg