Carnivore Corner

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Siobhan Hug on why N1 results are valuable on all diets, particularly Carnivore, that coffee affects triglycerides for hyper-responders and more.
EditIng to correct link

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but if someone (type 2) eats a meal that has only meat (0g carbs), will blood glucose still raise a little during the first couple of hours? I'm interested in carnivore and this is a doubt that came up.

My understanding is that a persons levels will go up and down all day regardless. That's what my libre tells me anyway, it's a bit like blood pressure, changes constantly as the body reacts to all sorts of things. Mine hovers between 1 and 2 points mostly and at the moment I'm checking it every 15 minutes. I don't think anybody's stays at the exact same number 24/7.

Reactions: D@n1el

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OMAD today. Slow cooked lamb shoulder. Mixed garlic, rosemary and zest of lemon and lime with fat left over from last night for a topping.

3B730B5A-0266-42D0-95F5-FF5BFB6589DD.jpeg

M

Member496333

Awesome juicy slab of ribeye this evening. Rare, of course. Mmmm so much glorious fat :hungry:

M

Member496333

More fat than you can shake a fatty stick at. Looks alright for a supermarket job. It's not going to make it to 31 days :hungry:

1.jpeg

M

Member496333

Am I right in remembering that yellow fat is an indicator of more grass and less grain?

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are brave enough (and old enough) to risk watching an expletive filled rant by Ted Nugent on the Joe Rogan show, search in browser or Youtube for "Ted Nugent on Vegan". He makes a lot of sense, even if he does have a potty mouth that offends the forum rules too much to be posted here :D

Reactions: pete254 and Mike d
M

Member496333

If you are brave enough (and old enough) to risk watching an expletive filled rant by Ted Nugent on the Joe Rogan show, search in browser or Youtube for "Ted Nugent on Vegan". He makes a lot of sense, even if he does have a potty mouth that offends the forum rules too much to be posted here :D

Saw it before the takedown. He does indeed talk sense. Thanks for sharing.

D

Deleted member 308541

I sent the link to my butchers facebook page as he has got excellent rants about vegans and the anti meat brigade.
0y4h3.gif

Reactions: Indy51
M

Member496333

Heads up, meat lovers;

The Carnivore Code
https://carnivoremd.com/book/

Paul Saladino's brand new book is now available on Apple Books* both in digital paperback and audiobook formats. The audiobook is narrated by Saladino himself.

*Other book retailers are available.

Reactions: Goonergal
D

Deleted member 308541

Corned silverside for dinner last night, 6½ hours in the slow cooker and cooked to perfection.

swZaUEL.jpg

Reactions: Larissima

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the benefits of being stuck inside is eating different things - Morrison’s was the only available delivery last week so tonight was my first ever Morrison’s thick cut ribeye. Air fried. Delicious - one of the best steaks I’ve had in a while.

D521329F-8096-48A4-A82E-EAFE267AD58A.jpeg

Reactions: dbr10
M

Member496333

Coming up on 11 months of strict keto-carnivore. The year mark is looming. I should be dead by now but instead I've never been stronger, healthier and happier. Diabetes is also a distant memory, so there's that too :cool:

Can someone pass the salt?