Carnivore Corner

Hotpepper20000

Right, I know the old adage (excuse) of "I will start tomorrow".. But since my first post here a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to use up food I had in freezer etc as frankly couldn't afford to waste it!

BUT, freezer was emptied finally last night, and ive been to supermarket and stocked up on meat, hooray! So from midnight its a carnie life for me...

So, do you guys just eat a plate of meat only? Anything with it? I am so used to having potato's with all my meals its going to be a struggle for a while.

Also what do you "snack" on if you need to? My old habits would be "I'll make a sandwich!", but struggling to think of nibbles or snacks that I like.

Time to get my Bloods in the "normal" range which they haven't been in many months scarily !
There many carnivores that are on face book and Instagram. Might be worth searching as there is a lot of information out there.

Hotpepper20000

Right, I know the old adage (excuse) of "I will start tomorrow".. But since my first post here a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to use up food I had in freezer etc as frankly couldn't afford to waste it!

BUT, freezer was emptied finally last night, and ive been to supermarket and stocked up on meat, hooray! So from midnight its a carnie life for me...

So, do you guys just eat a plate of meat only? Anything with it? I am so used to having potato's with all my meals its going to be a struggle for a while.

Also what do you "snack" on if you need to? My old habits would be "I'll make a sandwich!", but struggling to think of nibbles or snacks that I like.

Time to get my Bloods in the "normal" range which they haven't been in many months scarily !
Don’t forget bacon.

DeadlyCatch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Veg !
Never thought of pork scratchings, genius !
For now I have bought a handful of packs of sliced meats, if I need a nibble I just grab a couple of slices, and yes fine with diary so melted cheese on ham etc sounds like another great plan.

Thanks

DeadlyCatch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Veg !
So day 1 on the Carni, i may have overdone the portion size but steak was lush !
First day has gone well, no pining for carbs yet.... haha

20210123-210242.jpg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Mostly meat in its own for me. Very happy to eat that way. Use a fair amount of seasonings - dry rubs, salts and so on. Have always enjoyed simple food so it’s perfect for me - and without the veg you get more of the best bits!

Editing to say that your pics and @bulkbiker ’s pics are making me feel very greedy - I only have a small frame but my portion sizes seem about the same :D

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Picanha for dinner tonight. Yum. Also bought some unpasteurised butter, which I could easily devour in slices. Totally delicious.

70CBE54E-96C9-4B6B-96F7-0DFE3A38BE92.jpeg

Reactions: DeadlyCatch

tinmonkey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Without going into the gory details, how does this way of living impact on levels of constipation? Since going LCHF, I find that unless I eat plenty of green vegetables, I can become very 'bunged up'.

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Without going into the gory details, how does this way of living impact on levels of constipation? Since going LCHF, I find that unless I eat plenty of green vegetables, I can become very 'bunged up'.

No issues at all for me in that department. In fact tend to get more ‘bunged up’ when eating veg.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Less stuff in leads to less stuff out.. especially where fibre is concerned.. if you only eat digestible food it gets digested.. far less waste.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Topside of beef sous vide at 56C I think I could have eaten the whole 2kg by myself
IMG_1612112902.557231.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I found the same to begin with, but it sorted itself out after a week or 2 and the fact I wasn’t ‘going’ as often, wasn’t actually constipation - there was just less to eliminate!
For me, the carni woe actually made me go a lot more often - maybe I was ingesting more fat? I don’t know but stick with it and drink more liquid.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What stopped you? :hilarious:

I had beef too, but of the cheap and cheerful variety. Mixed with a couple of eggs, some burrata and carnivore onions.

View attachment 47158

It was the hungry looks of husband and daughter that stopped me ! I did glare at them when they said they wanted seconds!
I need to try burrata