Carnivore Corner

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I ate ostrich while in South Africa, and various 'venison types' meats such as kudu and springbok. All very nice, in fact one restaurant meal consisting of 3 assorted fillets remains in my memory as one of my best meals ever.
Where did your ostrich originate? The brine appears to be a preservative

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, just seen you included the link,a nd it is South Africa. need to find an English supply, at a reasonable cost... might be possible

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought you might like this recipe suggestion from Carl Franklin ( from Two Keto Dudes). It uses chicken skin as the wrapping for sort of spring rolls. I stuffed mine with leftover brisket and some sauerkraut but could be anything you fancy. He suggests deep frying but I did these in the airfryer. Absolutely brilliant. Crispy outside and succulent inside.
IMG_1727.jpg

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I’ve been ‘mostly’ carnivore now for about 8 months.. slipped away a couple of times when cravings have set in.. but quickly drift back as BG control is perfect on carnivore.. constantly looking for ideas for when boredom sets in

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been ‘mostly’ carnivore now for about 8 months.. slipped away a couple of times when cravings have set in.. but quickly drift back as BG control is perfect on carnivore.. constantly looking for ideas for when boredom sets in
That's wonderful to hear @searley !
I hope our members will provide you with plenty of ideas. :)

Reactions: MissMuffett

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m eating mostly carnivore now as my BG isn’t coming down and I’m determined not to have insulin injections. But I still like lettuce, cherry toms and berries.

Bcgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been carnivore for about two months now after a good two years of low carb (zero sugar). I certainly don’t spike at all but still would love to see lower glucose numbers.
just curious, to the other carnivores, what are your levels like?
my morning numbers are anywhere from 5.2 to 6.5….higher these days…and I don’t eat a thing after 5:30
after meals is good….always in the six range (6.3 is common). I rarely see levels in the 4 range.
next A1C is a month away
i do still eat some dairy (heavy cream in my coffee and some cheese, zero carb)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been carnivore for about two months now after a good two years of low carb (zero sugar). I certainly don’t spike at all but still would love to see lower glucose numbers.
just curious, to the other carnivores, what are your levels like?
my morning numbers are anywhere from 5.2 to 6.5….higher these days…and I don’t eat a thing after 5:30
after meals is good….always in the six range (6.3 is common). I rarely see levels in the 4 range.
next A1C is a month away
i do still eat some dairy (heavy cream in my coffee and some cheese, zero carb)

I find that red meat gives me higher fbg but it’s the only thing that makes me feel satiated. I like fish and eggs but they don’t keep me full as long as red meat does.
Like you I rarely see 4s these days. In fact I’m usually delighted when I see a 5 rather than the usual 6s

• Agree
Reactions: Speedbird

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys some of the recent posts have been moved to a new thread BG on a carnivore diet to avoid derailing the thread, please stay on topic guys, cheers lovinglife :)

New thread can be found here