Carnivore essential foods?

Vidar

Nevermind the fact that I once again fell off the wagon last night and am feeling awful and not just physically. Today is a brand new day and I need to keep trying to move forward. Stress is a huge trigger for me it seems.

Anyway, with my question about raw liver, I'm wondering what other essential whole foods I should be eating? (Yes I know I can have supplements, but I don't want them if they can be avoided)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Meat, fish, eggs.
Dairy if you want it and if you have no problem with it.

Carnivore is the simplest way of eating. I fear you are trying to make it too complex.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nevermind the fact that I once again fell off the wagon last night and am feeling awful and not just physically. Today is a brand new day and I need to keep trying to move forward. Stress is a huge trigger for me it seems.

Anyway, with my question about raw liver, I'm wondering what other essential whole foods I should be eating? (Yes I know I can have supplements, but I don't want them if they can be avoided)
Just the usual, @bulkbiker pretty much covered them... Meat, fish, poultry, eggs, butter, cream, cheeses, full fat greek and whatnot... Stick with the fish that has high nutritional value, like salmon. Cod seems a little useless to me. (Leaves me hungry in spite of a butter sauce for instance, and not enough Vit D for my taste.). Just, you know.... Keep it simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Widgets
M

Member496333

Animals or anything that came out of one. That is my mantra and it serves me well.

Vidar

Sorry guys, wasn't trying to make stuff complicated. I was just wanting to make sure I'm ticking as many boxes as possible by eating certain things. So as to not get deficiencies etc.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry guys, wasn't trying to make stuff complicated. I was just wanting to make sure I'm ticking as many boxes as possible by eating certain things. So as to not get deficiencies etc.
I have a different approach. I eat as varied a diet as I can within the bounds of moderately low carb. Any nutrients I need will be in there somewhere, no need for supplements. I note you are 38. Are you really going to be able to keep to a very restricted diet for maybe 50 years, having different meals from family and friends? Why not adopt a sustainable diet now?