Carnivore problem arises from the MoS article...

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From the recent, infamous Mail on Sunday article about David Unwin and bananas, we have :

We spoke to some of Britain's leading names in diabetes medicine and food science, who told us that carbohydrates, far from being 'metabolic poison', are essential for human life...​

Carbohydrates "are essential for human life", say "some of Britain's leading names in diabetes medicine and food science", which probably explains why rates of T2 diabetes and obesity are shooting up! :)

Could "some of Britain's leading names in diabetes medicine and food science" really be wrong about carbs being essential? NO! I can't accept that... :facepalm:

In that case, perhaps @bulkbiker and anyone else who's on a carnivore diet could please give some convincing proof they are still alive by a scientific method, rather than just apparently continuing with their lives, which is obviously open to bias (and isn't up to the RCT gold standard). If they can't, then they are clearly deluded and, what's more, deceiving the rest of us by appearing to still be alive.

Something, somewhere, doesn't quite add up... o_O

Edit: Just to add, "Well Done!" to people who are on a carnivore diet - you certainly fooled me into believing you are still alive and have pulled-off a very sophisticated hoax. (I believe in giving credit where credit is due!) :)

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In that case, perhaps @bulkbiker and anyone else who's on a carnivore diet could please give some convincing proof they are still alive by a scientific method, rather than just apparently continuing with their lives, which is obviously open to bias (and isn't up to the RCT gold standard). If they can't, then they are clearly deluded and, what's more, deceiving the rest of us by appearing to still be alive.

I've clearly been dead for the past 2 years ... couldn't you tell?

Also haven't eaten a banana for at least 10 years before that.. they blow my guts up like a balloon ... nasty, horrible things.

Reactions: pdmjoker

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Also haven't eaten a banana for at least 10 years before that.. they blow my guts up like a balloon ... nasty, horrible things.
I actually thought that you were a computer algorithm because you post such good advice so consistently - but I have just spoken to Gavin Williamson who says that you are definitely not a computer algorithm and are most definitely alive because you can't trust computer algorithms to give good advice.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I actually thought that you were a computer algorithm because you post such good advice so consistently - but I have just spoken to Gavin Williamson who says that you are definitely not a computer algorithm and are most definitely alive because you can't trust computer algorithms to give good advice.

Unfortunately computers don't actually have enquiring minds of their own o_Oo_O, and as they often have to rely on human idiots errm analysts/programmers for their data input it's essentially a case of GIGO - garbage in - garbage out...

However, forum members (even those who've apparently been dead for a year or two) tend not to fall into this category as they can rely on their own brains. IMO.:D

Reactions: pdmjoker

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No, but I suppose I must believe that to be so, since "some of Britain's leading names in diabetes medicine and food science" couldn't possibly be wrong.... ;)

Reactions: bulkbiker