Carnivores, what’s your intake?

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Really just started off with the carnivore thing but here's my experience..

Do you include offal?

I do indeed, I find that I actually enjoy the taste of liver and kidney. Heart has always been a love of mine, somehow think that my family is hard wired to be primal as both my Dad and Grandmother love organ meat too.

Do you track amounts of protein/fat?

Not as much as I should I think, I always go for the fattier and marbled cuts that I can myself and at the moment with me trying to lose weight I don't mess with the fat too much.

Do you measure your intake?

Sometimes, I find it doesn't matter too much as I usually OMAD these days so it doesn't hit me as hard as when I was doing 16:8 fasting.

Have you found it costly?

Not so much honestly, cutting out a lot of my sugary foods and carby stuff means that I have some spare to spend on decent ingredients and at the end of the day the butchers love to get rid of the fattier cuts as people usually don't like them.

Was it a conscious decision or have you just fallen into it?

More of a conscious one than anything else, I know I am in this for the long haul and I prefer meat to everything else on my plate so why not just take the plunge?

What sort of thing do you eat in a day?

Never take breakfast, just a coffee and water and that is more than enough. Lunch if I do have it is usually bacon and eggs or some configuration of that like an omelette or so on.

For today's dinner it was some fatty lamb slices from a joint for Easter alongside a good massive chicken thigh with the skin on.

What’s your dairy intake, if any?

Used to eat a lot of cheese and take cream in my tea/coffee but I have cut off dairy at least for a month or so to see if it has been triggering me to stall my weight loss.

Hope this helps out! So far noted a lot of happy changes in my body namely my persistent bloating has gone away but I do miss my cheese at the moment so going to add some back if I notice my weight hasn't been dropping without it.