Caught the cold. What now?

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Sunday everyone! :happy:

I hope this is the correct board for my question.

What do you use to treat a cold? Before I was diagnosed, I used to take herbal bonbons or sugary ems salt for a sore throat but now I can't. I don't eat sugar anymore and I'm intolerant to sugar alcohols like mannitol, isomalt etc., so the sugar free bonbons are a no-go too.

I do have Vicks throat spray and that is somewhat working, but not as good as the ems salt drops or the bonbons.

So what do you use? Is there any secret weapon? Something made without sugar and without sugar substitutes?

To be fair, I haven't been sick with anything really since I stopped eating sugar and most of the carbs. Before I was diagnosed, I caught the cold or a stomach bug every other week or so. So that has been great so far. :happy:

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nothing, it’s a self limiting disease so some paracetamol if I need it.
Since going almost non existent carb and supplementing with Vit D I’m very rarely ill, I think 2 colds and a viral thing in 11 years.

Reactions: Flora123

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ignore it and you'll feel better in a week, throw every possible cure at it, and you'll be over it in seven days.

D

Deleted member 308541

When I get a cold, a hot lemon drink with a goodly measure of whisky in it.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I was going to suggest the same as Tipetoo in fact I have had a similar concoction tonight sans the cold and sans the lemon. just not hot.

D

Deleted member 308541

I was going to suggest the same as Tipetoo in fact I have had a similar concoction tonight sans the cold and sans the lemon. just not hot.
Yes I have to agree, straight malt whisky is the medicinal compound which is most efficacious in every case. :D

Reactions: WuTwo