1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

CBD oil and diabetes

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by notafanofsugar, May 7, 2020.

1. notafanofsugar

notafanofsugar Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I’ve been reading a lot about the benefits of CBD and wondered if anyone used it? I understand it’s not psychedelic and is good for anxiety but I can’t find any standardised measures or dosing information so wasn’t sure how claims are being made!!

2. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

Regarding BG managment. Let's say from past experince long ago. My jury is out & haven't yet come back from recess.
    I feel it's a bold claim on BG. However as an alternative regarding pain management?
    I'll tag in @JTL for his view.

I did however watch this documentary a few months back that seemed reasonably balanced or not on that side of things.

https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/events/cannabis-miracle-medicine-or-dangerous-drug-bbc2-28-august-2019/

Hope this helps.

Technically we can't provide consultation on dosage. Especially regarding alternative medicine.

3. JTL

JTL Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The pain clinic told me to go to the vape shop ,and start vaping it to help me when I decided to come off years of opiates.
    I said I already tried CBD rubbish.
    He said you went to Holland and Barrett ... I said yes he said it's rubbish!
    The percent of CBD in the H n B stuff is minuscule compared to the vape oils.
    The difference can be enormous.
    Do a little research into reputations.
    Yes it does work but it seemed to set of my COPD .... then that became uncertain as a cause but I packed it in ... too much like smoking even though nicotine free it becomes a habit and I kicked the smoking habit years ago.

Back on the opiates but yes I experienced pain relief that was quite impressive but evntually you need more and more.
    If it actual cannabis oil which it isn't you would never build a tolerance.
    If five puffs on a spliff wobbled your head fifty years ago then five puffs on a spliff today will wobble your head too.
    The real stuff .... cannabis with THC and CBD is a far superior painkiller and all round wonder medicine but the main problem besides it still being illegal is there seems to be no resins about any longer like there used to be.
    All boring old skunk these days that is seriously hard on your lungs where as resin can actually help clean them out!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hotpepper20000

Hotpepper20000 · Well-Known Member

Here in Canada both THC and CBD are legal and can be bought in special stores with out a prescription. Any combinations of varying percentages of each. It was deemed an essential service during lock down.
    There is no need to smoke it any more. . We have candies, chocolates and gummies containing Sativas, Indiceas and Hybrids.
    I use it for pain relief at night for a Herniated disk. I have tried different combinations and have had success with pain relief and relaxation but have not found it helps with BG control.

5. JTL

JTL Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I don't know about BG control but I have read of people using CBD for COPD relief which sounds a bit daft to me.
    Cannabis resin yes but CBD oil would seem a big fat no to me as would skunk.
    Thing is CBD oil exploded in popularity as a fashion fad and people have been passing on news of it being a wonder drug for almost any and everything.
    Same happened with coconut oil .... which I use.
    It became some kind of wonder medicine overnight!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook