Cellulitis?

sue1309

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
False, patronising people who assume they know everything about me!
I had a fall last Weds....landing hard on my knees. Since then my right knee hasn't got any better. It's swollen, more than the usu lymphoedema, bruised, hot and painful. Could it be cellulitis? I've had cellulitis a few times in the past but my skin was broken then. This time it isn't. As I'm in lockdown I don't really want to go to my GP surgery, but I'm wondering if I should at least telephone.....any advice very welcome....xx

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, telephone your doc.
Cellulitis can get nasty fast, so if that is what it is, then you need to get diagnosed and treated fast.
- and of course, if it isn’t cellulitis, then your mind can be set at rest, which is helpful for restful sleep! :)

Are you in the UK? If you are, and it is a Saturday night, you may well do better ringing the 111 NHS helpline, but if you ring your surgery they will have a message for what to do with an out of hours concern.

Let us know how you get on?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree with @Brunneria that whether it’s cellulitis or something else you should get your knee seen, maybe you could send photos via email first, ask if that’s a possibility maybe?
Infection can get in through the skin via a break not visible to the naked eye so it could be cellulitis.

Reactions: sue1309

sue1309

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes, telephone your doc.
Cellulitis can get nasty fast, so if that is what it is, then you need to get diagnosed and treated fast.
- and of course, if it isn’t cellulitis, then your mind can be set at rest, which is helpful for restful sleep! :)

Are you in the UK? If you are, and it is a Saturday night, you may well do better ringing the 111 NHS helpline, but if you ring your surgery they will have a message for what to do with an out of hours concern.

Let us know how you get on?
Thanks hun....x

sue1309

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes, thank you ladies.....I'll deffo phone....I've got my compression stockings on but I read that I should leave them off for the time being. Thoughts?