Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Are there any of you T2's using cgms?

I am considering self funding, and wondering its value as a T2

I drive a fair bit for work, and a fair bit of the time am probably doing so illegally as i forget to test often before driving..
So am thinking cgms will help me comply with the law

Sabantha

I've had cgm a few times, however you can only access the reading when hooking it to computer and down loading (hospital did all that for me) so I'm not sure how useful it would be for you?! :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sparkyrich

Do you use insulin then? I'm type 2 but oral drugs only and have to purchase my test gear myself - and DVLA can whistle for any tests till they pay for my strips!

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yes im on insulin..

The dexcom g4 takes a reading every 5 minutes, and does show that on the screen with an indication of whether you are rising or falling.. And has alarms for high/low

However it £250 for 4 sensors each lasting 14 days

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
sparkyrich said:
Do you use insulin then? I'm type 2 but oral drugs only and have to purchase my test gear myself - and DVLA can whistle for any tests till they pay for my strips!

Being on insulin i have a meter and am prescribed 150 strips each time i order, and can order ever 3 weeks

However as i am on insulin, the law is that i should have tested within the last 2hrs whilst driving, this could mean if i want to stay within the law i could have to test 8 - 10 times a day

One of my hobbies is slightly more dangerous than most, so would also like to be sure im ok when out performing that hobby