Chaffles (how do I even?)

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all my low-carb amigos. I just acquired a waffle iron and I'm ready to chaffle. Any favourite recipes or important tips? My first goal is chaffles as a bread component for sandwiches...

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all my low-carb amigos. I just acquired a waffle iron and I'm ready to chaffle. Any favourite recipes or important tips? My first goal is chaffles as a bread component for sandwiches...
Aww, as there have been no replies, I am wondering if you have managed to make any chaffles yet?
No really my thing, just have no room for more kitchen gadgetry, but that doesn’t mean I am not interested in other people’s culinary exploits.
So, @Roggg , how is it going? Have you seen the diet doctor recipes and guide?
https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/keto-chaffles-video

Reactions: Hopeful34

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey Pipp. My first chaffle was not good. I took it out too early and it split apart. Since then it's been smooth sailing. I dont love chaffles as a waffle substitute. They are a bit dry for my taste. My plan was always as a breakfast sandwich "bread". In that context they are working great. Thanks for asking. I'll probably start monkeying around with recipes sooner or later.

Reactions: Paul41

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey Pipp. My first chaffle was not good. I took it out too early and it split apart. Since then it's been smooth sailing. I dont love chaffles as a waffle substitute. They are a bit dry for my taste. My plan was always as a breakfast sandwich "bread". In that context they are working great. Thanks for asking. I'll probably start monkeying around with recipes sooner or later.
Doing better than me. I gave up after about 5 attempts. Quicker in my case to make a thin omelette and use that

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
What is a chaffle and how would you make one. Thanks